Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the antenna amplifier is located on the G35 sedan with the Bose system?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ya bro when I dynamited the trunk for my system, I took off all moldings, covers in the back, and the Clarion Amplified Antena is on the drivers side, in the inner quater panel, behind the plastic panel, just becarful its plastic/metel clips. Good luck and if you dont me asking why do need that for.

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT, Ivory Pearl w/Black and Aerodynamics Body Kit with Spoiler.19" Bling Blings.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bypassed the Bose unit and had my Kenwood kvt-911dvd tuner/tv/dvd/sirius nav hooked up to a new jl500/5 amp, jl components in the front, co-axs in the rear and a jl sub. Everything sounds great except the FM. Sounds like s$^T!!! I thought they may not have hooked up the oem antenna to the Kenwood or the antenna amp may not be working. The installer tells me he hooked it up and also an amplified aftermarket antenna. I think that both amplified antennas are causing the distortion but he says it can't be.. The installer is trying to contact an engineer at Kenwood to see if he can rectify the problem. I still think the 2 amplified antennas are causing it to sound like shit. I may not be an expert.....and the installer seemed to insist that he was an expert and it wouldn't make any difference. All I know is I have about $6000 invested and I had damn sure better be able to listen to FM when I want to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts