Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Sounds to me like Mr. Big is a Mr. Big liar. Just chalk this one up to "Don't believe everything you read". It was cool of the second poster to point out this idiots thinking.

[loser]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find it pretty sad that this guy wrote that post in an almost comical fashion. Sounds like this girl could have been killed.

Still scary to hear yet another story of the steering wheel locking. That should NOT happen.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

I find it pretty sad that this guy wrote that post in an almost comical fashion. Sounds like this girl could have been killed.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I noticed that too. Sadistic bastard!!!

[irk]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know anything new or is this a hoax? Is Infiniti acknowledging anything, even so much as a denial?

I will be taking delivery of a 6MT Graphite/Graphite within a week, and I am starting to get worried with this thing reappearing after several weeks of inactivity. Is there any new information as to the cause or the correction? If I read the reports correctly, it seems that the stall happens only with the clutch disengaged. When the clutch re-engages, does the engine start back up and the steering column unlock? Does the car re-start immediately if the ignition is re-engaged? Don't the brakes at least have a manual override? There is a technical thread on FreshAlloy relating to MAF sensors. I have a 1995 manual Maxima that went through that about a year ago, not stalling at high speeds, but sputtering and shaking and then stalling out as soon as the clutch was disengaged -- but the steering never locked -- that is an unacceptable result if true, but hardly seems believable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hate to sound cynical, but I don't buy that story for one minute. That guy is full of shit. IF it DID happen, then sorry, it is just another case of someone (in this case a woman - shall we go any further? [:D]) not knowing how to handle the car properly.

BTW, my steering did not lock up - the power steering failed when the car stalled. I hit a median...everything fixed and has not happened again since.[boink][boink]

G35 Coupe/6MT/Black/Graphite/Aero

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35WomanBTW, my steering did not lock up - the power steering failed when the car stalled. [boink][boink]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

...which is perfectly normal when an engine stalls... no power, no steering. It's all common sense, I don't know where all this "steering locking up [bs] is coming from". Renee, next time that happens, just click that baby into the gear that suits your speed, and pop that clutch... Should start back up as you roll, preventing you from having to make a complete unconvenient stop. Just my $0.2.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
2 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> BTW, my steering did not lock up - the power steering failed when the car stalled.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thank you, that's what I was hoping to hear. Nothing else makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts