Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. well, i suppose i should bring you up to speed on everything, eh? ok, here goes:

after i bought my second Si, i enjoyed it for about a week and a few days. on the 22nd of may, i pulled a truly idiotic move and had an untimely encounter with a curb. i took a 90 degree left at 50 mph and slid into the curb, with my front right wheel making first contact. the impact took a large chunk out of that wheel while forcing it up into my fender, causing it to bend way out of shape, snapped the brake rotor, shattered the CV joints on both sides, popped the front and rear passenger side tires, tore the front inner and outer CV boots completely off, the entire front passenger side suspension had to be replaced, and when the fender bent out of shape, it bent into the passenger door and slightly mangled it. i dont think i forgot anything....all in all, it cost just under 5 grand total to get it back on the road. i just thank god that i wasnt hurt and that my girlfriend wasnt either, and that there wasnt a cop anywhere around to cite me.

so needless to say, ive been kinda busy working to get that debt paid off as soon as possible, because we didnt claim it to insurance. my dad and i figured it would be much better if we took a loss from my education fund that i would pay back, instead of claiming it and have skyrocketed insurance rates as a result.

and if push didnt come to shove, i just got a speeding ticket last night(friday night). its my second one in 2 years, meaning im ineligible for driving school to have it erased. if you want the full story, take this link to my post on Club Si about it: http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.p...13&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

so if you guys got any questions or suggestions for me, feel free to hit me up. im back to stay.[thmsup]
peace
Graham

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint...cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
welcome back, JAC! Sorry to hear about your misfortunes...on a brand new car no less.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
yes, welcome back, sorry to hear about your car.

on another note: kloh and gardiner, you two are almost tied in post count[bigeyes]

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
oh no... not another post war! I defer. Gardiner is the man.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
if you defer then why are you up by two?

are you using guerilla warfare?

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
oh, he'll be back... [:D]

I'm not just going to sit here and wait if I have something to say. [;)]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol boy you guys are funny![:D]

youre also hella good at jacking posts.[:(!][;)] haha just kidding. thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

oh, and one more thing i forgot to mention last night: i am going to be selling my Si at the end of this month. reason being mainly because i just cant afford it anymore, especially now that my rates are going *KAPOW* in a skyward direction. my plan is this- im going to sell the Si for what i can, pay off my loan, and use whatever is left over to pay off as much as i can of my remaining debt. i am then going to buy like a 95 Civic hatch, in order to keep my insurance and loan payments as low as possible. that way, i can spend the next year or two saving up mucho grande dinero to either put down on a S2000([pimp]), or i can turn the hatch into my own personal AWD project car.[:D]

i know thats probably the wrong thing to say in a G35 forum, but i really have fallen in love with the S2k[:I]. but dont get me wrong, i love the G35, it is one damn sexy beast(especially in Carribean Blue!).....but its just not the car for me. if i get a sports car, it needs to be a purely simple machine, one that is intended to get from point A to point B with as little complication as possible. i need something that doesnt have a lot of high tech gizmos and loads of luxury to weigh it down. i hope you guys dont take offense to this, because i dont mean any.[:)]

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint...cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
no offense taken... and sounds like you've hatched a good plan. But I wonder, why do you hang out here? [dunno] Don't get me wrong -- you're certainly welcome and have provided lots of entertainment for us -- but I can't remember the last time you actually spoke about a car that wasn't a Honda? Not that there's anything wrong with that. But then again, it HAS been a long time since you posted so my memory might be off. In any case, keep on posting! [cheers]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

no offense taken... and sounds like you've hatched a good plan. But I wonder, why do you hang out here? [dunno] Don't get me wrong -- you're certainly welcome and have provided lots of entertainment for us -- but I can't remember the last time you actually spoke about a car that wasn't a Honda? Not that there's anything wrong with that. But then again, it HAS been a long time since you posted so my memory might be off. In any case, keep on posting! [cheers]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[wstupid] yea, keep on posting you are a good guy to have around... just dont pass me up in the post count[smoking]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

no offense taken... and sounds like you've hatched a good plan. But I wonder, why do you hang out here? [dunno]

well, the reason i hang out here is because you guys are a hell of a lot more mature than A LOT of the other car enthusiast forums ive been on and checked out. and even though this is a G35 forum, the discussions are not always about just G35s, which is very refreshing to see in a model-specific interchange forum. i also really value your guys' opinions on things, because most of you have been there and done that...... and all of you people are VERY entertaining![rockon]

but yes, i shall continue to be here and post as long as you guys will have me.[cheers]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JustAnotherCivic

but yes, i shall continue to be here and post as long as you guys will have me.[cheers]

Good deal... now, get lost! [:p]

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JustAnotherCivic

Good deal... now, get lost! [:p]

[wstupid]........[:D]Welcome back JAC...

'03.5 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Black Leather | Sport

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

and all of you people are VERY entertaining![rockon]

wooohooo we are entertaining! [jump2]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

wooohooo we are entertaining! [jump2]
now if we can only get salaries "other" entertainers get...

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
hey, JAC, where'd you go? [dunno]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
maybe Semi got him! all fear Semi On [bowdown]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts