Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the sport/luxo market, do the american manufacturers have anything "nice" to bring to the table? I've yet to see anything that really excites me out of detroit, but it looks like they're stepping it up with the 2003 and 2004 models.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I really can't think of any car in the sport/luxo market that 'American' automakers have to offer...But I will say I think the whole sport/luxo market has been taken to a new level in the past couple years with the new G coupes and M3's. I guess we need to give them some time to come up with something...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Lutz appears to be stepping things up at GM with a lot of cool concepts on the way from them. The GTO is being reintroduced, though I believe in a four door version that looks too much like the Grand Am. Still, it's based on an Australian supercharged V8 model.

Surprisingly, the edgy look of the Cadillacs is kind of growing on me. The CTS was hideous to me when first released, but I dig the jet black model now (probably because the color hides the lines a bit).

Dodge was supposedly going to bring the Razor to production. It's a totally stripped down sports coupe with almost no immenities and one hell of an engine for $14k. The logic was to take out all the crap people will likely replace anyway (though I fail to see how an air conditioner qualifies as that).

The new Mustang Cobra is actually targeted right at the Corvette 06 and BMW M3 and may be a real winner, though the headlights make it look like it's crying to me.

Of course, the only American car that really grabs me is still the Corvette. The newest model is a real competitor, eating up the competition on every track it steps tire on.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yup your right Semi but the one thing lacking in all those cars you mentioned is luxury! Have you seen the inside to the vettes? They look cheap as hell...but I love the way the vettes look. I ALMOST traded in my G35 about 4 months after I got it for a Z06. I test drove it and fell in love again with the whole sports car with awesome power trip...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Whoops forgot you mentioned Cadillacs...I'll agree that the CTS 'could' be classified as a sport/luxo...but can you count a 4dr sedan in the same category as a 2dr sport coupe???

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like it if the CTS sat lower. Black would be the only color I'd get it in. I like the new Dodge Magnum.

Dodge Magnum 5.7L V8 [boink]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Well, if the interior luxury is a question, then that's a matter of price point. I've never seen a Japanese car in the price point of American models that had a luxurious interior. The only Japanese cars that I'd say qualify are those sold in the US under a more prestigious name. In other words, $40k and up. Detroit just doesn't make much in that range as American's would rather have SUV's now.

Europe seems to be the only region with any style on the interior in less expensive cars (which I think is basically VW).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts