Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the BOSE amp and have gone directly into my crossover and amp (See pictures). I always had a very noticeable buzz in the speakers that was really annoying. I installed two “Ground loop isolators” on the RCA’S from the deck and it completely eliminated the buzzing. Did anyone else that installed aftermarket stuff, but kept the factory deck have the buzz?

Most of this is the old equipment that I had in my ’96 Impala SS until someone totaled it. I reused what I could:

MTX Crossover LSX2
Kicker Impulse 6 channel amp 356xi
(2) MBQuart 5.25’’ with separately mounted tweeter
(2) MBQuart 6.5’’ with separately mounted tweeter
JL Audio 12 Sub in custom box
False trunk back to hide everything

Download Attachment: DSC02527small.jpg
81.54KB

Download Attachment: DSC02533small.JPG
84.72KB

Download Attachment: DSC02426.JPG
88.88KB

T. Brennen Cully
[email protected]
803-309-2308

·
Registered
720 Posts
I installed a head unit and two amps with subs and all new cab speakers and I got the hummmsss. this was all my old stereo stuff in my old car and never made a peep. How did you remove humming? I had factory amp removed and everything was tapped into that. I put filters in both rca and this did help.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
9 years from the dead! I like it....we'll be waiting on your response bcully..

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Pay attention to the ground points and ry to ground everything together.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
That post was built the same week
my car was !!

YaHOO

+ What Gilley said ....
Grounding the system good or checking everything is the smartest first Go To for trouble shooting hums/ buzzes/ noise.
Plan B at my house would be open a beer, turn off the sound system and start the motor to enjoy the harmony of a smooth idling VQ!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lol pretty sure this guy figured it out at some point in the past 9 years. ;)

That said, I have a similar question but didn't want to start a new thread. I have a quiet (but noticeable) high frequency hum/buzz/tone/whatever coming from my speakers after a full system replacement and professional install. It's not the ground because there's no engine noise. The sound comes on when the HU (Kenwood DDX419) comes on - volume doesn't change it, engine can be off. Putting the HU in standby makes the noise much quieter, but it doesn't completely disappear.

I took it to the most reputable shop in my area (have a lot of audio-saavy friends who went to them and have said great things) so I would think they would know to run the RCA and power wires on opposite sides... any ideas? I've already taken it back to the shop once already for some other issues, and mentioned the noise then, but they seemed to disregard it and I totally wasn't thinking about it when I left the shop. So, I plan on taking it back.. but I want to offer some ideas so they won't blow it off this time. :(

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
You'll have to wait for gilley or Bachman. I could wire up an audio system to save my soul, let alone troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I got some alternator buzz going on too. I took out the factory amp and its all wired in through there. I installed two filters on each amps and it helped but its still there just a bit.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Lol pretty sure this guy figured it out at some point in the past 9 years. ;)

That said, I have a similar question but didn't want to start a new thread. I have a quiet (but noticeable) high frequency hum/buzz/tone/whatever coming from my speakers after a full system replacement and professional install. It's not the ground because there's no engine noise. The sound comes on when the HU (Kenwood DDX419) comes on - volume doesn't change it, engine can be off. Putting the HU in standby makes the noise much quieter, but it doesn't completely disappear.

I took it to the most reputable shop in my area (have a lot of audio-saavy friends who went to them and have said great things) so I would think they would know to run the RCA and power wires on opposite sides... any ideas? I've already taken it back to the shop once already for some other issues, and mentioned the noise then, but they seemed to disregard it and I totally wasn't thinking about it when I left the shop. So, I plan on taking it back.. but I want to offer some ideas so they won't blow it off this time. :(
My first thought is the gains on the amp are up a little too high. I would adjust them down a little and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
What kind of rca wires are you using? Cheap ones will result in alternator noise. Also pop off the back seat and make sure none of the wires are running close to the fuel pump

sent from Galaxy Note 2

·
Registered
720 Posts
I cannot find my recipt for the rca cables for some reason, I bought them online off ebay as a dual amp install kit. I pulled the interior and had the stereo system installed by my buddy who does it professonally. All the wires are zip tied going down the center right side of the floor board. I don't remember the location of the fuel pump butt this is more of a alternator isolation noise that he informed me of after he hooked it up (the noise revs up with the engine ). I had these two amps hooked up in my old altima and they never made a hummn noise but my buddy said these cars just have diff electracal systems. These are old amps and he recommended me upgradding to newer amps cuz they have better filter capabilities so I added a inline filter to each rca (the filters just plugged right in) and it sure helped 90% do you think its the rca? What rca cable would you recommend for me off ebay cuz I might swap them out one day for fun. Like I said the noise is barely there and it does not bug me to much.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything off ebay unless it's a legit brand. JL makes top notch rca wires. I had those for both my amps in my SE-R and had no interference with crap clarion amps. But they are like $70 if I remember correctly. But with JL, you ALWAYS get what you pay for. I'm sure 90% of these guys will agree

sent from Galaxy Note 2

·
Registered
720 Posts
$70 for one rca? I got a pair of 10" jl audio subs in the trunk and kickers mids and highs. I would deff upgrade my rca cables if that would eliminate the prob. I'm not a stereo install guy but I think where he hooked into the wiring of the factory bose amp is causing the noise. Should I run a rca cabe down each side of floor board. Cuz I can have interior out in no time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts