Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got home tonight from work and found this board in bad shape. A few fights, a few partially deleted threads, some insults, etc. After cleaning things up the best I could and trying to read through almost every post on here, I've decide to lock Renee from posting here. Almost everyone of her posts was in some way insulting.

I can only offer a central meeting ground for everyone to chat about the G. I cannot let this turn into a slug fest of carefully worded phrases with double meanings! This site is not free to run, and neither are the gifts that I'm giving away in a few days. Please keep this a place where people WILL WANT TO post and not a place that will scare anyone off. I promise, cool things are coming, but I've had some personal issues that have kept me from adding new sections to the site.

Thanks guys (and gals), I appreciate your support.

VQ

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Thanks, VQ! Discouraging the constant barage of insults is a good start.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the support guys. Noticed this all right after work... haven't even gotten out of my suit yet [:O]

Gardiner, yes, I would eventually like to have some sponsers that could help us organize gatherings, give-a-ways and events. For now, I think we'll put the "highest poster" contest on hold indefinitely.

[clapper] [clapper] [clapper] [clapper] [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

<font color="red"><font size="2">Please join me in congratulating our winners, Chaz and Semi. I've decided to give away 2 sets. Chaz has been a great asset since the beginning (why I asked him to help me moderate), and although a moderater, still deserves them. Semi has also proven to be a great asset to the site, and is our winning "non moderater!"</font id="size2"></font id="red">

Thanks again guys. [:D]

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That's pretty cool. Thanks VQ!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks VQ... I don't know what her problem is, but she seemed to be inciting with her posts. At first it was OK, then she took it too far.

I enjoy visiting this board because I find that the posters are a bit more responsive to posts than on other boards. Also, the board is more closely moderated, which I think is good.... Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congrats guys (Chaz & Semi)....everyone adds a bit of the carisma to the boards... and these to guys have been a decent chunk of it...thanks again for the great forums board VQ, you've been the biggest chunk of the boards...[clapper]

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm glad we're moving in the right direction! Please don't hesitate to shoot me an email if things get outta hand again.

6-speed

·
Registered
172 Posts
yea VQ, that was a good decision and you are doing a great job running these boards. thanks so much for providing a place for us to socialize and such. also, congrats to chaz and semi, enjoy the pedals!
[:D]

Sorry I haven't been around that much, I only post like every other week or so, so I always have a lot to catch up on. I'll try to be around more often now but I kinda feel ignorant seeing as I don't have a G yet, so I really don't know what I'm talking about, but I'll try to give my contribution!

[cheers]

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're not the only one! I'm still G-less!

Hopefully either Chaz or Semi can take some photos of the install process for us [;)]

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'll take pictures of the install process as well as share the trials and tribulations with you all as soon as I get them. Speaking of which, VQ, how do I get them?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool Semi [8D] Check your email.

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The install was relatively easy for the clutch, break and dead pedal. However, I think there's a piece missing from the gas pedal. There isn't a rubber undermat for the aluminum so there aren't any pegs sticking up through the holes. The normal pedal has a loop that the bottom bar of the housing pokes through and then a little clip latches back to the top of the bar that makes the arm of the pedal. On the aluminum one, the loop is there but significantly larger than the rubber pedal and there isn't a clip that latches over.

Unless there's a piece missing, this simply won't fit. :(

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Semi,
Here's an install guide. Were you able to retro fit the bushing? Supposedly you can just use the old one, or electrical tape. Not really sure, but I know that most of the FreshAlloy'ers were able to since the bushings are back ordered and hard to find.

http://www.smiley.net/g35/pedals.htm

6-speed

1 - 20 of 22 Posts