Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have been reading these boards for a little while to try and get a overall opinion on the car. Well I currently have a 328i Lux package that I have been thinking of trading in and moving on to something new. I saw this car and it is pretty and inexpensive compared to the others in it's class (yes, I know preaching to the choir). Well anyway, I went out yesterday to test drive both the 6mt, and the auto. I was very impressed with the car and almost bought one. I have a few questions for this forum on the car. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. The G that I was interested in was this. 03.5' 6mt sedan Pearl white on Black Leather, with premium, nav, winter w/o full size spare. I am not interested in the aero package. MSRP on this is: 35,295.00 with Destination, they came down to 33,895.00 with Destination. Good deal, or should I keep shopping. Note: They did not have the car readily available and said that I could leave last night with a loaner G35 until they had my car (It would have been a demo car from the lot) and they would locate and have my car in 5 days. The only real reason that I didn't do anything on this is because they could not get an accurate appraisal on my 328i because it was late in the evening, and they apparently call several people and see who is willing to offer the most and that would have to wait until this morning, and I am awaiting the call from them anytime.. (wow, that was winded)

2. I would consider myself very internet savvy (I am a sys admin for a living) and I have been all over Google and other sites looking for a graph of the HP and TQ out of the sedan tuned VQ 3.5. for the power band over the entire RPM range. Has anyone seen this and if so, could you copy it and post it or link to it.

Once again, thanks for you time and help!

-Matt

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Here are some nice documents from R&T to have handy for comparisons, as well as some other info I believe might be good reading.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/roadtests/pdf/2002_07_sedans_results.pdf
http://www.infiniti.ca/eng/pdf/press_g35_motortrend_0802.pdf
http://www.infiniti.ca/eng/pdf/CarofTheYear.pdf
http://www.infiniti.com/m/cma/i/pre/press_g35_roadtrack_03_theone.pdf

I was looking for one PDF in particular that had the exact information you were looking for, but it looks like its been pulled. I think I have it at home so if I can find it, I'll post.

My advice to you. Buy! You won't regret it.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lead Foot,

Thanks for the effort to post the links. I have read all of those articles however. It is an amazing car. That would be great if you have them at home, the dealer can't even find them. If anyone else knows where I could find them, please help me out.

I just got off the phone with the dealer and he is working out the pricing now with the values that he has gotton on my trade in. We shall see.

Thanks again,

-Matt

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_footMy advice to you. Buy! You won't regret it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I second that.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

I second that.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

Yes, but can I find it cheeper elsewhere?

-Matt

·
Registered
119 Posts
mwjlewis: Try going back to your BMW dealer and checking out the 530 or the there German cousin's version of a performance sedan, the A-6. That's how I spent the prior weekend to picking up my G35S MT and saving 12 Large. If you can get through the mystique of the German car factor, you can save yourself some big bucks and have one heck of a great ride! It's the reason we are here. I hope I will be seeing you on the freeway.

This car rocks! [:D]

G35/S/6MT DP over Graphite, Premium.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mwjlewis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

I second that.

XL

Yes, but can I find it cheeper elsewhere?

-Matt

I personally got a breakneck deal because the particular salesman that attended me prefers to sell in large quantities than make a killing on one or two sales. I practically got the car below MSRP plus free areo kit (A $2,900.00 value). I'd say to try all the dealers in your area and don't be afraid to tell them your budget and what you want to spend. In most cases they'll work with you.

XL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts