Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just turned 2750 miles...Now all of a sudden, with the windows open, no stereo, I notice this very slight,high-pitch, metallic, buzzing/whining noise coming from under the car (I think), when I take off, then goes away once I hit 3rd...Anyone else experience this??

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Does it sound like something touching the fan?

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No...It's like a high-pitch sound, whining...very subtle but there, and wasn't before or I would have noticed it...I'm seeing on other forums that this may be a normal sound...????

·
Registered
550 Posts
The faster you go, the more evident the pitch. Check the drive shaft that send power to the rear wheels. Sometimes things get stuck around the area and creates the humming or whining noise.

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Craig...I'll check that out..I'm also thinking it could be the small belt slipping just a bit, because it seems to go away after the car heats up...Almost like a whistling noise....between 20-40 mph

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the same exact sound on my car. It happens when i have just engaged the clutch and im pressing on the gas hard. It kind of sounds like a dime vibrating in a glass cup yet a faint sound. I havent looked into it too much but i will if it gets louder

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LJ....That's it!!! WTF???

I cannot pin down where it's coming from...

·
Registered
336 Posts
MOFO, I have no idea but it came around after 3500 miles. Mine is actually less noticable at 15,000m so Im not gonna worry about it too much. let us know if it gets worse.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update...Just got back from the dealer and he demonstrated it for me...It was the throttle body sucking in air, with just the right flow/pressure it makes a faint squeal sound, like slowly letting air out of a balloon. Nothing to worry about, one of the side-effects from the high-flow intake....whew...I was worried it was a tranny/clutch problem...NOT TG

·
Registered
336 Posts
u are right mofo, i realized this when my friend just added a CAI in his ford focus[bigmouth], and it was making the same sound so i knew right away but thanks for helping us all out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts