Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my G35 this July. I was wondering if the stock alarm system is any good or did you folks install an aftermarket system. Or do you have two alarms (stock & aftermarket) active.

2003.5 Sedan - Black / Graphite / 6MT

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I love it because it isn't set off by vibration which means I won't be pissing people off with a useless feature that only results in neighbors egging your car. It will go off if the door is opened in an improper way which is sufficient.

Of course, I also have lojack.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I think the stock alarm is fine unless you live in ghettoville where the G35 will stand out like a phat kid playing dodge ball...[:D]

'03.5 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Graphite Leather | Sport

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so none of you guys bought an aftermarket alarm??

when i visited the alarm shop they said my stock alarm system is a $5 system. basically i told him he was talking crap (in a more tactful way) and walked away. glad I didn't listen to him.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The stock alarm will only save you from a couple of things. First someone driving off with your car since the key uses electronics when starting up the car, you cant hot wire it. Second your stereo and nav will be useless to the theif if stolen because it wont work anywhere else, and not in a different G. But the alarm wont save your seats, rims, engine parts, anything else... Because all the person has to do is pop open a door (alarm goes off) open the hood and start pulling out the fuses that correspond with the horn and lights and your car is a sitting duck. But again totally depeneds on where you live, and where you park you car, and the places you go out at night where you might leave it then.

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA December

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by soG35

when i visited the alarm shop they said my stock alarm system is a $5 system.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The salesman was correct, that's about all the alarm system costs Infiniti. You can ask the shop salesman how much his alarm costs, truth told, probably about $10 dollars. Here you can buy a basic alarm for about $60. Take away the retail markup and you are down to about $30. Take away wholesaler markup and shipping, down to probably about $20. Take away manufacturers profit and the alarm costs probably about $10.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$5???? i don't think so. the stock alarm has too many features : keyless entry, windows, hood alarm, trunk alarm, trunk open, gas opener....thats one reason why i'm having a hard time buying an aftermarket alarm. too keep all those features without holding two alarms will cost over $500!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
All of those features you mentioned are seriously standard on every car alarm, aftermarket or stock. Keyless entry all that means is you pusht he unlock buton and you dont use a key to unlock the door. All of those alarms you also mentioned: trunk, door, and hood are all you get as pertection. What happens if you window is broken? Nothing I bet, or someone should ask the dealer about that if the alarm will sound if the window breaks. Then your trunk release can be set on the alarm too. You can also set your windows as a button to roll down. Of course this will set you back about 600 or so after instal, but then what price are you putting on your car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fwabs: what kind of alarm did you get?? i was thinking of getting a viper but i don't really know much about alarms. any suggestions?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Viper and Clifford are the same as far as companies go. Viper is to Nissan as Clifford is to infiniti. I got a Clifford Concept 100 with the option of setting up a button that you would have to push to start the car. You can set it to anything from your defrost button to you left blinker turn signal. After all was instaled it costed about 550 or somethin to 600 on my Integra. Oh and there is another alarm on it because the first one is connected to your battery so if they cut that wire then another one starts up with its own battery source. No problems with it.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
<font size="2"><font color="black"><font face="Verdana">I'm thinking about putting the Viper 2way FM radio alarm in my car for one reason.. It will alert me when something is going on with me car. I have not really asked around about it to much, but I'm going to install it in my car with in a month. I will definitely let you know how it goes!
-Joe</font id="Verdana"></font id="black"></font id="size2">

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan : Brilliant Silver : Black Leather : Premium Package : Auto
View my car at http://dbizz.cjb.net/g35/</center></font id="Verdana">

1 - 13 of 13 Posts