Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My aircon just packed in. It was working fine until I pulled in at a convenience store. When I returned to the car and started it up it was only blowing out warm air and its 35 degrees outside today. Not good. I turned it on and off a few times and then there was a loud thunk from behind the dash / engine room. Pressing the on / off button a few more times I got the same result. Then putting the car into drive and accelerating away I breifly heard a rattling noise. I have a feeling the compressor just broke but can't check for sure until I take it to the dealer. I'm afraid to drive it until then. The car is a 2008 model sedan with less than 40,000km. My last car (a Honda) never gave me any aircon problems and I racked up over 180,000km from new. What gives!? Has anyone else has this or a similar problem and what was the cause and fix?

·
Super Moderator
27,334 Posts
I'm guessing low on freon.

If the following makes sense then try it, otherwise take it to a shop.
Find the low pressure switch and short it at the connector. If that causes the clutch to engage then you are low. Only do that momentarily so you don't cause more damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts