Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on where to order oil and air filters for the G35? I hear K&N makes a really good air filter that does not need to be replaced until 50k miles and will boost HP by 15. Suggestions on where to shop? I am taking order later this spring and want to have my garage ready.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't believe that the drop in k&n will boost that much or maybe nothing at all...but it will not restrict aairflow like a paper piece will. I believe Strictlyz.com has em.

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
4 Posts
According to the service department at my local dealer, the G35 Coupes have two different styles of air filter. He described one as a vertical cartridge, and the other as a "non-cartridge" that is in a "clamshell" type of enclosure. My G35 Coupe has the vertical filter, and today I replaced the stock paper air filter with a K&N filter. K&N part # 33-2031-2 was what K&N tech told me would fit. The other style K&N told me was part # 33-2259. I would suggest you check which type of filter you have before purchasing. After getting the part number, I contacted my local Advance Auto Parts store, which had the K&N in stock for $44.95. It is supposed to allow for 2-3% increase in horsepower, however I have not noticed anything as of yet. Perhaps with the increased air flow, the computer may need to recalculate for a bit. Hope this is of some help to those of you that are interested.

-kj

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've never had too much luck with performance gains and K&N. I think the gains are most noticable on cars that lack a decent intake from the factory. It is nice, though, being able to just clean and recondition the filter instead of replacement.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Perhaps with the increased air flow, the computer may need to recalculate for a bit.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I doubt you'll see major differences regardless because, as VQ mentioned, the intakes on the G and Z are actually pretty well designed from what I've read. However, the car does adjust to its environment and driver so I wouldn't be surprised if the above quote is true.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts