Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows about any aftermarket perfomance upgrades for the sedan. Thanks, i would love to say that my G-Class has 300hp plus[:D]........wishful thinking..............

G-Class

·
Registered
172 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Class

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows about any aftermarket perfomance upgrades for the sedan. Thanks, i would love to say that my G-Class has 300hp plus[:D]........wishful thinking..............

G-Class
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

We are all waiting for aftermarket stuff for sedan.
Should we actually change the muffler? How do we know if the muffler is actually increasing instead reduce the HP?????

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
G-Class, we're still waiting for a lot of new things still in the pipeline from Nismo.

It will be interesting to see how aftermarket manufacturers treat the G/Z? I mean, if I had my choice, I'd obviously spend a little more to get a factory upgrade that wouldn't void the waranty. I wonder if we're going to see fewer aftermarket suppliers because of this.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
27 Posts
So far I have only installed the NISMO replacement air filter for my G35 sedan. I did it myself. Dealer installation is not required. It's just a swap out for the present filter. No dyno information but I did subjectively feel an improvement in performance.

Obviously I'd prefer NISMO everything if, as I've heard, their stuff won't void any warranties. Unfortunately, I don't know what they have in the pipeline to provide for the sedan. If anyone has factual information on this, I'd be very interested.

I did install a Stillen (Steve Millen Racing) replacement muffler for the G35 sedan. This is just a rear exhaust model. They also offer a catback system for the coupe. They claim a boost of 8 horsepower by dyno. My butt didn't sense an improvement.

Today, I hope to install Stillen's new replacement Cold Air Intake system. By phone, Stillen tells me it increases the coupe's horsepower by 5 and the sedan's by 11. Don't ask, I don't know.
If you have a Stillen catalog, that shows an increase of 8 horsepower. By the way, the heart of the Stillen intake system ends up being a K&N filter custom machined to be a simple bolt-on. They did all the design work to make sure everything fit easily as a replacement. Stillen has a long history of working with Nissan in the racing arena.

Blitz Nur also offers both a muffler and air intake system which reportedly is much louder than the Stillen stuff. Stillen is purposely trying to keep the increased noise levels down. The muffler has a nice subdued low rumble on acceleration. Nothing noticeable at idle. They admit the air intake will be a bit louder but again only on acceleration, not at idle.

The "potential" drawback is the warranty issue. NISMO seems to be a given that the warranty will not be affected. On the other hand, my understanding of the issue is that, in general, you may add items if they are not offered by the factory. This doesn't mean the real exotic stuff but I can't see for instance that a muffler swap could void any other parts of the warranty coverage.
Ken

·
Registered
172 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Ken

So far I have only installed the NISMO replacement air filter for my G35 sedan. I did it myself. Dealer installation is not required. It's just a swap out for the present filter. No dyno information but I did subjectively feel an improvement in performance.

Obviously I'd prefer NISMO everything if, as I've heard, their stuff won't void any warranties. Unfortunately, I don't know what they have in the pipeline to provide for the sedan. If anyone has factual information on this, I'd be very interested.

I did install a Stillen (Steve Millen Racing) replacement muffler for the G35 sedan. This is just a rear exhaust model. They also offer a catback system for the coupe. They claim a boost of 8 horsepower by dyno. My butt didn't sense an improvement.

Today, I hope to install Stillen's new replacement Cold Air Intake system. By phone, Stillen tells me it increases the coupe's horsepower by 5 and the sedan's by 11. Don't ask, I don't know.
If you have a Stillen catalog, that shows an increase of 8 horsepower. By the way, the heart of the Stillen intake system ends up being a K&N filter custom machined to be a simple bolt-on. They did all the design work to make sure everything fit easily as a replacement. Stillen has a long history of working with Nissan in the racing arena.

Blitz Nur also offers both a muffler and air intake system which reportedly is much louder than the Stillen stuff. Stillen is purposely trying to keep the increased noise levels down. The muffler has a nice subdued low rumble on acceleration. Nothing noticeable at idle. They admit the air intake will be a bit louder but again only on acceleration, not at idle.

The "potential" drawback is the warranty issue. NISMO seems to be a given that the warranty will not be affected. On the other hand, my understanding of the issue is that, in general, you may add items if they are not offered by the factory. This doesn't mean the real exotic stuff but I can't see for instance that a muffler swap could void any other parts of the warranty coverage.
Ken
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Is ur nissmo air filter a dry one or wet one, because i've seen 2, and wuts the different?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sub,
I asked my friendly Japanese NISMO salesman the same question when he asked me whether I wanted the wet or the dry type. I asked what the difference was in construction, maintenance and performance. He responded saying "I think the dry type is best for you". All this was via e-mail. He never did explain anything other than to say that both types increase air flow by 35%. So here is a lot of words with no information contained herein.
Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts