Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Does anyone know if after market alarms do anything to void the basic warranty? I've never really thought about it until they had some problems working my after market alarm. I'm sure they'll be ablt to fix it, but it just got me thinking. Thabks for your input.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
If an aftermarket alarm directly affected the function of something else in the car, that specific malfunction would not be covered, from what I've gathered. The alarm itself also wouldn't be covered. However, your overall warranty wouldn't simply be dismissed.

Of course, I'm a little new to the whole warranty thing so I may be mistaken but that's what I've gathered from the discussions of other mods on this and other fora.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Semi On that makes since. But could the argument ever be made that by putting in a aftermarket alarm you are integrating that with the whole CPU in general, therefore could a lot of electrical problems be "blamed" on the after market alarm?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I've never heard of an aftermarket alarm that did that. It's just a little box with some sensors and a horn. It doesn't really integrate into anything.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
a alarm just gets tapped into stock factory harnessed wires, when installing a alarm they do not cut or cross any factory wires together. waretnee should not be voided for no reason at all.

AIM: Jo3yf
'03.5 5AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver/Graphite | Premium | Winter | Heated Seats/mirrors
350z intake tube | Stillen CAB | Clear Corners | Drilled Pedals | Sick Audio Setup
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/joebizz.

·
Registered
402 Posts
nah, it won't void basic warranty.
What alarm are you looking at?
I'm also looking at some but since I have 6MT, my choice is very limited.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I bought a viper 791xv and i started to install it last week but this wed i will finish :). omg its going to be a pain though, the tech support says i HAVE to run the wires to the drivers door panel and directly to the lock and unlock switch .. guys please someone tell me i dont have to do that! someone give me some tech support.

edit: i also have two box's .. they are to make the windows go up and won, they say i have to wire them directly to each door, is this true? ::sigh::

'03.5 5AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver/Graphite | Premium | Winter | Heated Seats/mirrors
350z intake tube | Stillen CAB | Clear Corners | Drilled Pedals | Sick Audio Setup

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">guys please someone tell me i dont have to do that! someone give me some tech support.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I doubt there are many people on here that have done it considering the car already has an alarm...

·
Registered
402 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bizz

I bought a viper 791xv and i started to install it last week but this wed i will finish :). omg its going to be a pain though, the tech support says i HAVE to run the wires to the drivers door panel and directly to the lock and unlock switch .. guys please someone tell me i dont have to do that! someone give me some tech support.

edit: i also have two box's .. they are to make the windows go up and won, they say i have to wire them directly to each door, is this true? ::sigh::

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Bizz I can't believe you are trying to install this yourself~ ^.^
I once tried install remote start myself but didn't have a good experience... trying to find tach-o-meter wire was really hard...
I rather just take it to my friend's shop to get the alarm installed for $50-$75.....
Good luck, and sorry that I couldn't be of any help.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Clifford alarm systems have been protecting vehicles and making life more convenient for their owners for over a quarter of a century, and millions of older Clifford systems are still on the road, performing flawlessly. I have had one on my truck since 1998, not one problem to report. My son-in-law has a later model system with the remote engine start, nice feature to have.

Great technology and a very dependable product!

http://www.clifford.com/main.asp

2004 G35 Coupe|5AT| Brilliant Silver|Graphite Leather|Premium|Perfomance|Aero|Pictures

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Semi On : My car dont have a alarm, its a key less entry system.

cupid i work at circuit city road shop, i have tech info on the car and a picture of every wire and location of where to connect everything and info on how to take it apart. :)

I'll let you guys know how it comes out, i plan on finishing it on the 16th! =D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was under the impresion that the stock keyless entry device was part of the alarm system that came with the cars. If you open a dor after you have locked it with the remote, does the alarm not go off? Do our keys have a chip so that without those keys you can not start the car (like the lock out key, you can't start the engine with that key). Am I just completley nuts?[hypno]
or am I just [wstupid]

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Semi On : My car dont have a alarm, its a key less entry system.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

False. It doesn't have a vibration sensor because those suck and only serve to wake me up in the middle of the night with a sense of such seething anger, that I'm about to take a hammer to my neighbor's car.

Roll down your window, lock the car and attempt to open the door.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I was under the impresion that the stock keyless entry device was part of the alarm system that came with the cars. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You are correct.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If you open a dor after you have locked it with the remote, does the alarm not go off? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It does indeed.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Do our keys have a chip so that without those keys you can not start the car (like the lock out key, you can't start the engine with that key). Am I just completley nuts?

Again, you are correct. The key has a transponder that is required in order for the car to start.

·
Registered
402 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bizz

cupid i work at circuit city road shop, i have tech info on the car and a picture of every wire and location of where to connect everything and info on how to take it apart. :)

I'll let you guys know how it comes out, i plan on finishing it on the 16th! =D [/br]

I see, lucky you... that will make thing a bit easier.
Yeah, do keep us informed on the how it turns out.

I ordered my Air Wolf manual transmission remote starter/alarm with 2-way pager + transponder to bypass the Infiniti security to start the car. (Yes, I do have to put the key in the transponder box)

It will be hopefully by this Friday and I can get it install this weekend. [:D]

I hate going outside in the morning to warm up the car, I rather press a button as I've been doing for all my other cars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
if you dont have your parking brake on, regular alarms still dont protect from the thief having a tow truck and towing your car away right out of your driveway.

If you have parking brake on, alarms with shock will sound when thief breaks window to lower ur parking brake. That is if u are awake/close enough to hear it.

so you have a pager? ok, what u gonna rush out with a baseball bat / a gun not knowing what kind of weapon these guys have? Or maybe just call the cops?

as u can tell, i gave this alot of thought. i conclude that extra alarms is useful but not going to keep thieves from taking ur car. Alarm with pager and lojack would be the best combo. what u guys think?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I think good insurance and not leaving anything valuable in the car is the best bet.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Something to consider for an anti-theft back-up system

The Pro-Street is a digitally controlled, capacitive discharge system. Features the "acceleration spark" which is produced when the Pro Street detects an accelerating engine condition and automatically increases spark output. Input and Output LEDs continually monitor the condition of the system. Recommended for all street high performance and off-highway motorsport.

The ignition system also has an optional kill switch and RPM limiter feature as well. What I like about the kill switch is it will let the motor start, however, within less than 30 seconds the vehicle will start idling rough as if it is running out of gas. If the switch is not reset the motor will completely stall out and not re-start for 20 minutes unless you know how to re-set the device. Not only do you get more horsepower with the extra spark you get a great anti-thief tool as well. Think if someone was trying to car jack you, just turn off the ignition and get out of the car. The thief is able to start and drive off, however, the car will not get further than one block and the engine will die. You’re out of harms way and he is probably blocking traffic.

Direct plug in harnesses available for easy installation.

I have this system on my Chevy truck not my "G", not sure if this system integrates with the "G" engine. Just need to discuss with the folks at Jacob's.

Check it out, great bolt on application for more HP & Security. Ask them to send you their brochure. "Good Luck"

http://www.jacobselectronics.com/products/energypaks/prostreet.htm

2004 G35 Coupe|5AT| Brilliant Silver|Graphite Leather|Premium|Perfomance|Aero|Pictures

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Semi On : Alarm, its more of a joke.. its a noise maker.. yes your correct that if you roll down your window and open the door the horn BEEPS and the car will not start but if you connect two wires togethet from the keyhole leading to the kick panel it will shut it off :) also if you pop the hood disconnect the horn fuse and than break the window and opent he door the alarm will not go off .. im pretty sure if you pull out the alarm fuse it will also not go off

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
but still the after market alarm is top of the line, it will aleart me when ever someone goes near me car.. ie: walks by it.. i can remote start my car and it will confirm it on the display.. i can walk out of my car and my car will lock and all the windows and sunroof will close :).. hey it only cost me like 200 dollars its not that bad of a deal...

·
Registered
57 Posts
the windows will close AND the sunroof!![bowdown]
I hate the fact that the windos will stop closing when a door is opened. It's a lice touch what they did with opening the windows with the remote, I just think that you should be ablte to close them as well with the remote

1 - 20 of 21 Posts