Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many Aerokit sedans in this forum? Holla back one time!

X

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Mine's fully loaded. You can check it out in the Gallery.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yes, lead foot has some really good pics in the gallery!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've got a 6mt sedan with the "Aero Package". That includes a rear spoiler, and the rear under-spoiler/under-pinnings that reduce total lift to zero. Some of the sedans I have seen have body-color (not black) side "skirts", and the "cool" front bumper that has two large "air" holes (vs. the "slits")... this (as I have come to understand) is the "Aerodynamic Body Kit".

I state this to be clear on the difference between the Aero Package and the Aerodynamic Body Kit, and to educate those on the board who didn't know their were 2 different offerings.

Having said that, to answer your question:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> How many Aerokit sedans in this forum? Holla back one time!

X

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I guess I don't!?

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. Thank you for clearing that up G-Man, most people that I speak to don't know the difference between Aero Package and Aero Kit. Aero Kit is short for Aero Dynamic Body Kit, thus being the reason for all the confusion. Good point out. As far as I'm concerned, all sport G's bring the aero package, but the aero kit is optional. The deal for my car is that they threw it in for free! Whewww! Those extra $3,500 would've definetly set me back! [angel]

X

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Man

I've got a 6mt sedan with the "Aero Package". That includes a rear spoiler, and the rear under-spoiler/under-pinnings that reduce total lift to zero.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm confused. [hypno] So does that mean that that the aerodynamic Body Kit w/Spoiler doesn't give you the zero lift?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_footI'm confused. [hypno] So does that mean that that the aerodynamic Body Kit w/Spoiler doesn't give you the zero lift?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yo lead, only peeps that got the aero package get 0 lift. We have the sport package which includes the Aero Package (rear spoiler and underbody diffusers), Sport suspension, and 5-spoke 17's with special Goodyear tires. You and me also have Aerodynamic Body Kits in addition to these fore-mentioned extras. This can only be a good thing, as it's even more aerodynamics and even less drag (Not to mention the gorgeous looks). I did a lot of research through the Infiniti website reading about extras and packages before I purchased mine, so I hope this helps!

PS: I got a little busy these past two weekends, but I plan to post my pics very soon!

X

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. It seemed odd to me that the more expensive package with "Aerodynamic" in it would not have that benefit. It was just a bit confusing. I think it's all clear now.

[cheers]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Picking up my 6MT sedan with aero package tomorrow night [rockon] Does this really make a difference? What exactly do the diffusers look like?

Joe
G35 6 Speed
GS 455 4 Speed
GN SFI Turbo

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just have the Aero Package on mine, but I did notice something peculiar. On other 6MT Sedans without the Aero (i.e. no rear spoiler), the window sticker rated MPG at 19 and 25. On the one's with the simple Aero Package, the MPG is rated at 20 and 26. I got a good laugh at that when I was still shopping.

But I think the Aero Package includes some underbody panels that help reduce drag, as just a spoiler would seem to increase drag and lower MPG. Don't know about the 0 lift though.

$2500 seems awfully stiff for a few extra body skirts and spoilers, so I didn't even bother looking for that option. I kinda like the black skirts that came on my silver car, especially once I get the windows tinted.

6MT Sedan-Sliver-Premium-Aero-Winter-Trunk mat with Infiniti logo :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Daring, the aero package adds a rear spoiler and 2 rear underbody diffusers. (standard sedans only have front diffusers). They reduce the drag coefficient at higher speeds improving highway mileage. I don't know why city mileage would improve since a car cannot reach wind efficient speeds while driving in traffic or city. Anyways, these two diffusers work in combination with the rear spoiler to reduce drag coefficient to an optimum level. $2,500.00 is allot to budget for just a cosmetic item, but the Aero Kit also improves drag coefficient as well. Thank god I got it for free! I think I got a break neck deal now that I think about it.

XL

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey I'm surprised aliveatfive didn't post in here. Last time I looked in the gallery he also had an aero kit... [irk]

XL

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by aliveatfive

Hey Guys -

Check out my pix in the gallery. You'll see my aero kit 5AT sedan in Carib blue!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Aha! There you are, I thought you was MIA for a little while he he... How you liking the new ride AA5?

XL

·
Registered
45 Posts
...Reading the posts and watching from afar. The one thing I will add is that this car really comes into its own at about 85 mph. It's too bad we don't have any autobahn type roads here in the states. I've also learned from driving this that many automotive publications are completely subjective and preach based on what they like without being really objective testers. (i.e. see reviews in Automobile magazine.)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I wish Highway Patrol would have a law that states: "After 120mph you run at your own risk", but then again, since we become hazards to other people as well as us, the law is enforced. We need to be able to top end these beasts! Imagine an international airport's runway all to youself, just to run your G to it's limits and not worry about other drivers... Ahhhh yessss that's a nice dream.

XL

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I've also learned from driving this that many automotive publications are completely subjective and preach based on what they like without being really objective testers. (i.e. see reviews in Automobile magazine.)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It's actually uglier than this and a problem for just about any publication that does reviews. In order to get the cars early which is what sells the pubs, they have to keep the manufacturers happy. As such, many of the magazines and websites become nothing more than advertisements paid in full by the OEMs. Their articles and comparisons then become completely meaningless as their preference is bought by the highest bidder.

The same problem exists in the computer world. It's actually why ArsTechnica has stopped producing reviews and is instead focusing on technical articles. We can't get the hardware without either buying it ourselves (no one has the money for this...) or sucking the corporate wang so we choose to not review at all. It's also why sites like Tom's Hardware are such obvious shills for their sponsors.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was looking at the bumper from the aero kit on the sedan, and it is identical to the shape of that in the coupe, the only difference being that the coupe's bumper is not intended for ground effects and is obviously higher and more 'compressed' so to speak, while the aero kit sedan's is more broad and low. I guess you can compensate for this difference once you add the front add on spoiler to the coupe, which will bring the chin closer to the floor.

XL

·
Registered
45 Posts
FWIW - I originally ordered the sedan w/o the aerokit. I was quoted a time frame delivery of approx. 4 months for the exact model that I ordered. (That was all options except aerokit.) When the aerokit version came in (otherwise identcal to my order) the salesman said "It's the sedan with the coupe front end."

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's exactly what the people in my dealer say too, only that the sedan's aero kit bumper is lower than the coupes bumper since it is intended as a ground effects aerodynamic/cosmetic item, while the coupe's bumper is a standard body trim. Like you, my sedan was originally a non aero kit one too. After I convinced the salesman to throw in the kit for free rather than to sell it to me at cost, they installed it in the dealer's service center. They had about 2 ivory pearl and 1 brilliant silver OEM aero kits in stock for those customers who purchased cars in the showroom and wanted them with aero kits at the time of purchase. I think I got a hell of a deal there, cause I know they usually sit on those kits until someone with the extra $2500 or $2900 comes and buys them, but to let one go for free is unheard of. My own salesman told me not to sell my car since he wouldn't do "that crazy shit again" LOL.

XL

1 - 20 of 37 Posts