Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im probally going to buy a 2004 G35, and i want to know if the aero kit really makes a difference in terms of handling and stability. Also, when id like to know if its possible to get the aero kit w/o the spoiler as i really don't like the way it looks on the car. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
<font size="1"><font face="Verdana">tory welcome to the fourms, I read before in other posts that the AIR DIFFUSERS.. (I'm sorry if I spelled it wrong) cost 80 dollars.. the AERO package includes the spoiler and the diffusers.. So your answer is yes, you can get the "aero package" without the spoiler.</font id="Verdana"></font id="size1">

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan : Brilliant Silver : Black Leather : Premium Package : Auto
View my car at http://dbizz.cjb.net/g35/</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bizz

tory welcome to the bored
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'm not bored. [lol]

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Does it really affect handling? Supposedly, it reduces the coefficient of drag by .01. So, yes, there is SOME change to drag and thereby stability. Is that change enough that it can be discerned by human perception? I sincerely doubt it.

If you don't want the spoiler but want the aero, make sure the dealer is absolutely clear on this when you place your order. If they screw it up, perhaps you can get a discount!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bizz

[tory welcome to the fourms<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'm sorry bizz, but this is too funny. Good job going back to fix the typo, but you got a few letters mixed up on the second attempt. I know, you're not the greatest speller, but it's too funny to just let go. [lol]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
YES, THERE ARE TWO OF THEM THAT ARE VERY MUCH LIKE THAT OF THE 350Z. MAYBE I CAN YELL THEIR NAMES, "IMPUL!" and "GIALLA!"

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
First and foremost, I'd suggest investing in a new keyboard before buying a spoiler. Clearly, your Capslock key is stuck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As mentioned you get the slightly lower drag coefficient but there really won't be anything that you'll notice performance wise. I think this package really gives the car a more aggressive look and fills out the bottom. I was surprised to see how proud Infiniti is of this option - $2910. I could go with an aftermarket kit but rather just put out the extra $ and have something that was designed, painted and installed by the manufacturer. This way I don't have to worry about how the quality will be, if the paint will match and how it will hold up.

2002 Supercharged 8.1 Suburban
2000 Corvette convertible
2004 G35 - shopping now

·
Registered
114 Posts
Troy and Tbyrn, I believe we're talking about two different packages here, First the Aero Package is 550 and comes with:
<font color="blue">
• Rear spoiler (shown)
• Rear underbody diffusers

* Requires Sport-Tuned Suspension Package.
</font id="blue">
Second the Aerodynamic Body Kit is 2910 w/spoiler and 2420 w/out. It comes with:
<font color="blue">
Color-matched, aerodynamic body styling components provide an aggressive, aerodynamic appearance for your G35. The 5-piece Aerodynamic Body Kit includes:

• Aerodynamic Front Bumper (shown)
• Side Sills (set of 2)
• Rear Spoiler (shown) <font color="red">[only if you order the $2910 package]</font id="red">
• Rear Under Spoiler
4-piece package also available without Rear Deck Spoiler.
</font id="blue">
Here's a pic of the Aero Body Kit w/spoiler:

Yes, I believe you can get just the underbody diffusers from the Aero ($550) kit but Infiniti website does not show pricing, I'm guessing around 60 dollars because the spoiler is 490 dollars (got this price from subtracting body kit price w/out spoiler from body kit price with spoiler).

Riv

-6MT Sedan, Aero, Black on Black

·
Registered
50 Posts
does anyone know a good site on this aero kit

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the aero. I wouldn't have spent the money on it, but I bought the car out of dealer inventory. I seriously doubt if it makes a noticeable difference in handling, performance, etc. The Cd is already pretty low on the stock car. It really just gives the car a more agressive, cooler appearance, but that's obviously just an opinion. Some people hate the spoiler. BTW, the spoiler is heavy, and makes the trunk MUCH harder to open

bd
black/graphite 03 6MT sedan w/Stillen airbox and catback

1 - 15 of 15 Posts