Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a comestic consideration but I'm wondering if it might have ride /performance implications: What if you didn't install the rear spoiler/diffusers, just the side sills, aero front bumper and the aero rear under bumper? It seems they're required as a total package. Thanks.

PS guys - I did do a search first..:)

tccaux

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Terry,

From what I've read, the addition of the full aero package results in zero lift aerodynamics. It probably wouldn't be exactly the same performance-wise without the rear spoilers/diffusers. But if it's only a cosmetic consideration for you, that shouldn't matter much then. [:D] I do believe you can order the parts seperately. If your dealer won't do it, there are other websites that will send you the parts. like this one.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have reason to believe that although the aero kit is mostly a cosmetic upgrade, that it does assist with the aerodynamics somewhat... Those two air dams up front are just too perfectly designed...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I wonder what the cost difference might be. Do you not like the spoiler, or do you just want it to look different?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I think this car looks so damn attractive with all the aero surfaces on, that I don't think I would get it in any other way...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Lead - been out of town and haven't checked the board recently. Yeah, I think I may like the look better w/o the rear spoiler. I think it looks pretty darn good with iy too!javascript:insertsmilie('%5B:D%5D')

tccaux

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
So Terry, full body kit or not? [dunno]

XL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's no upper rear spoiler and the order's in! Figure I can always add the aero kit later. Full specs are;
2003.5 Sedan 6MT/Ivory Pearl/Willow/Premium/Aero pkg w/o spoiler.

Dealer has to install to bypass required aero kit from factory/port. Should pick up mid next week. Very jazzed! Looking forward to discussions here.

Thanks

tccaux

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Way to go Terry! Congrats!

[cheers]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Congrats, Terry! Post some pics when you get your ride. [cheers]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts