Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I am a new owner of a 2004 G35 coupe and I just can't believe what I been missing. You don't really see a whole lot of g-coupes around this area, but man they are fun as à#&* to drive. I had 97 z28 and a 98 trans am ls1 and this car is far better and fun to drive, it's very comfy for me and has great power full range top/bottom, just a little sluggish from high to low gear, but nothing really to complain about. I just wanted advice on what double din to get or stay away from, I just got a jl sub and amp, but still using the oem pos bose stereo. Has anyone ever switched from factory with amp/sub to aftermarket deck with amp/sub, and how much of a difference it makes? Any advice or help would be great. Thanks Guys, Brandon

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Are you replacing the entire system, speakers amp and all or are you going to use the Bose amp with the new head unit with the Bose speakers?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am replacing the head unit going to keep my factory bose speakers and amp. I have a jl sub with alpine amp hooked up to the factory radio at the moment. Sounds good, but I'm kinda eary about putting any other kind of amp with the bose factory speakers. Anyone have any advice or a good set up, I would appreciate any input. But my subs will be jl audio, I have always had the best of sound with these for a long time. But u know I'm 37 and I don't want to vibrate my car apart, but just some good sound.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
i just installed a pioneer x5500bhs... i love it.. lots of features... bluetooth audio streaming, hands free phone, 5v preouts to feed your amps, 8 band EQ... it sounds good with the factory bose... i got it for $390 on amazon. just gotta get a couple adapters since you have the bose.. i installed myself, took 7 hours... but saved me $300 install

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more technology advanced than the cassette tape player. Come on really in an 04 Infiniti, looks cheap and doesn't sound to hot. I installed a JL 10w3v3-4 and alpine 500 rms and it sounds amazing with oem stereo. I can about imagine after a good head unit, another amp and I got a JL 12"w3dual coil, it will jamm. Any suggestions or little hints, anything would be great. Thanks guys. Brandon

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just picked up the avic-z3 by pioneer. Best $800 I've ever spent. It has a 80gb internal hard drive that you can store your movies and music to. GPS Bluetooth iPod hook up and it even tells you your speed and the G forces when you turn from left to right!

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
You need the double din kit, a Nissan wire harness adapter suitable for the Bose, an antenna adapter and a steering wheel adapter.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
^^^ looks like Gilley has an echo. Haha. ;)

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
How did that spammer get by my this morning. He has been banned now.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
How did that spammer get by my this morning. He has been banned now.
Hahaha.... slacker. You owe us all pizza for having to read the same thing twice. 10 seconds of my life I'll never get back :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts