Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the car I'm looking for, but it doesn't have the Aero Body Kit. Dealer says they can add it. Will this be the same as having it shipped with the kit from the factory -- look, feel, quality, etc

Any opinions?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
A few people I spoke to would not accept a "after market spoiler".
I believe infiniti will have to drill holes into your trunk, paint the spoiler, and cover up your 3rd brake light in your rear windshield, Its your decision! I have not heard any complaints about after market spoilers.

Oh yeah, correct me if im wrong, I believe the aero kit also comes with under body diffusers?.. It should not be diffrent from the factor.. Go for it! Get it from the dealer if you dont want to wait!

<font face="Verdana"><center>2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan : Brilliant Silver : Black Leather : Premium Package : Auto
View my car at http://dbizz.cjb.net/g35/</center></font id="Verdana">

·
Registered
30 Posts
My car was the exact car w/options and color that I wanted, minus the aero kit. It already had the rear spoiler though. The dealer said they order the aero kit directly from the factory and it's already painted, so they do not do any paint work on the new car. My car looks good and I'm happy!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Bellagioman

Found the car I'm looking for, but it doesn't have the Aero Body Kit. Dealer says they can add it. Will this be the same as having it shipped with the kit from the factory -- look, feel, quality, etc

Any opinions?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Rockman

·
Registered
26 Posts
Direct quote from the brochure:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Rear Underbody Defusers
Serve to speed up airflow under the rear end, to help reduce lift, included with the available Aero Package.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

From the picture, there are two of them, they appear to be flat panels that sit on either side of the central muffler and in front of the rear wheels. They help air flow smoothly past the rear suspension.

For those asking about having them installed at the dealer, the 2004 6MT Sedan I'm picking up tomorrow did not have the Aero package. My dealer is adding the entire package, both the spoiler and the rear underbody diffusers for the $550 option price, same as if it were installed at the factory. I just have to wait a week for the parts to come in from California.

[edit] for anybody interested, I scanned the photo in the brocure and the rear diffusers are circled in red in the picture below. Sorry the scan is not a little bit clearer![/edit]

Boondoggler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts