Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here been in one with their G35S or G35C? Last weekend I got slightly impacted at an intersection! The damage was not bad to my surprise. These cars are hard as shyt! I'm having it fixed at the Infiniti bodyshop of South Motors dealerships which leaves vehicles factory quality, but I definately am in need of some words of comfort right now!!! [banghead] I'm getting a new fender (OEM), new tierod end (OEM), and full panel spray. It's still a 7-day old car!!! Everyone tells me I'm overreacting and that it's not a life & death situation, but I am devastated. [dunno] This is my first new car. I know it will come out better than I probably rolled it out of the showroom, but I am not used to this! To look at the bright side, at least I'm a good testimony to you guys that this is one strong car. The car that hit my side was an 88' Mercury Grand Marquis (AKA: The love boat [lol])Any sympathizing words? Thanks guys... [:(]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sorry about your accident. It will be fine. Especially if you're getting all OEM replacements. I'm sure they'll also overspray the panels and blend the paint too. You shouldn't be able to tell a difference.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Sorry about your accident. It will be fine. Especially if you're getting all OEM replacements. I'm sure they'll also overspray the panels and blend the paint too. You shouldn't be able to tell a difference.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanx for the kind words VQ. Yeah no chassis bending or nothing... it was simply a minor fender scuffing, so I don't think it can really be considered a crash, but oh well. Yeah the lady at the shop told me that they overspray the pearl so things should be looking up by next week. I miss my car! [timebomb]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Monger
You won't be able to tell the difference, however come trade in time your value will be greatly reduced.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gee thanks Monger, you really offer some relief! LOL Thankfully, I purchased my car with the purpose of keeping it, so I don't think I'll have a problem with trading in... besides, there's always good ol' e-bay! [:)]

XL

·
Registered
172 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Has anybody here been in one with their G35S or G35C? Last weekend I got slightly impacted at an intersection! The damage was not bad to my surprise. These cars are hard as shyt! I'm having it fixed at the Infiniti bodyshop of South Motors dealerships which leaves vehicles factory quality, but I definately am in need of some words of comfort right now!!! [banghead] I'm getting a new fender (OEM), new tierod end (OEM), and full panel spray. It's still a 7-day old car!!! Everyone tells me I'm overreacting and that it's not a life & death situation, but I am devastated. [dunno] This is my first new car. I know it will come out better than I probably rolled it out of the showroom, but I am not used to this! To look at the bright side, at least I'm a good testimony to you guys that this is one strong car. The car that hit my side was an 88' Mercury Grand Marquis (AKA: The love boat [lol])Any sympathizing words? Thanks guys... [:(]

XL

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It's oky man! Car are made to be crashed! Everyone will have some collision either major or minor as a scratch from a rock! so its oky. Car are made to deal with collision's. Thats why they have safety test and shit like that[:D]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by subroboIt's oky man! Car are made to be crashed! Everyone will have some collision either major or minor as a scratch from a rock! so its oky. Car are made to deal with collision's. Thats why they have safety test and shit like that[:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I can't thank you guys enough for making me feel better. I have been truly down these days since I have never been through something like this before in my life. Not even when I crashed my G20 2 years after buying it dealer new, and that was bad! But I guess I will be more careful on the road now. I have been driving for 8 years now, and have always been a defensive driver, but us young guys sometimes eat shit and get distracted on the road you feel me? Anyways, you guys take it easy and be safe!

XL

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
WHAT? you just said the g35 was your new car?

AIM: Jo3yf
'03.5 5AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver/Graphite | Premium | Winter | Heated Seats/mirrors
350z Intake Tube | Stillen CAB | Clear Corners | Drilled Pedals | Stillen Cat Back | Infinty Kappa Perfect 6.5 w/ infinity 111w X 4 @ 4 Ohms | Eclipse CD5442 Head unit | Skyline Dash Swap | 18" Coupe rims
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/joebizz. UPDATED!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
You're lucky. If thats all you need from a front/side angle impact on today's cars .. be happy!

Want to know why? Pop the hood and look at your radiator support .. its FIBERGLASS. Basically it can fracture bigtime and you might end up having a lot of unseen damage.

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
Xzellerate first of all I'm glad to hear you are OK.

Yes, I was in a kind of bad one as far as damages to my car. I too was a-ok when I got out.

One thing that you should get the body shop to confirm is that there is no twisting of your body. Basically they will pull a tape from the corners and compare dimensions (over several areas). One of the reasons I sold mine is that the body was bent. While these guys could probably get it fairly straight, I did not want to take the chance that they couldn't. If they don't straighten it out, you can have some serious tire wear and tracking issues.

Anything you can walk away from is good. Anything mechanical can be repaired or replaced.

"you will rue this day....well go on start ru-ing" Stewie Griffin

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Xzellerate... sorry to hear about that... but I'm glad you're okay.

And it don't matter what anyone says...any scrach- no matter how minor it is...is still a heartache! My brother scraped the underside of my front fender when my car was about 3 months and I cried over it.... so I feel yah. [:(]

But like VQ said..if it's all OEM parts..then you're good.

You'll be fine! Keep us posted.

2004 G35Coupe/Black Obsidian/Graphite/ Premium/NAVI/Aero/Rear Spoiler/18"/AT/Clear corners

1 - 10 of 10 Posts