Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am saving money for the GReddy's twin-turbo set
but im wonder is it going to hurt my car badly?
or make any sort of damages?

i really wanna get one
but if my car gets fucked up, my dad will kill me for sure

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
If you want to go fast, get a bike.
I bet it'll be slightly cheaper than the TT.

2004 Clear'd and Creamy Pearl 6MT
Aero and Premium goodness
Graphite's in to get the "lead" out
Forged rims and 1" drop... maybe
Stillen air box and z-tube, but that's it!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well bike is too dangerous to be ride
and if i get that twin-turbo i can burn these ppl who think the g35 can't run fast :S
anyways, does any one know how fast it can get with a twin-turbo 0-60 mph? and 1/4 miles?
i appreciate it thanks :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But i will get the GReddy's body kit first no matter what :p
anyone got advices about that body kit :D??
i would be glad to hear

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
You sound young, nothing wrong with that. I would first learn how to drive very well before upping the power too much. When I was young I had a fast car, thought I knew everything and then it happened. I life changing experience for me that changed me forever.

I was doing my normal leave my girlfriend's house and climb the hill sideways, wheels cut to the left smoking the rears as I went up the hill out of her neighborhood. Some little kid was just sitting in the road playing with some toys. Driving over some kid was not my desire at the time. To this day I drive slow in neighborhoods.

Somehow I missed that kid, I don't know how, but it was close. Don't worry about beating some one right now and all that crap. Just that some young girl out and have fun.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Gard, for a minute there I thought you were going to tell us that you ran over a kid.

|04 G35c desert platinum|5at|premium|sport package|aero|navi|18" alloy rims & performance tires|front lip|drilled aluminum pedals|clear corners|Nismo Gen.II CAI

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Good thing you missed him. It is so hard to believe how one little thing can change the way to do things for the rest of your life.

|04 G35c desert platinum|5at|premium|sport package|aero|navi|18" alloy rims & performance tires|front lip|drilled aluminum pedals|clear corners|Nismo Gen.II CAI

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Yea man that would have been on your conscience for awhile. Good thing you didn't hit him and taught you a good lesson. Experience is a hard teacher it gives you the test first and lessons afterwards. I hope that these young kids on the forum that only care about speed uses the G responsibly, I think Peter Parker's (Spiderman) uncle said it best, 'With great speed comes great responsibility', well....not exactly those words but ya know what I mean.

DG 6MT 'The rice is mightier than the corn'

·
Registered
123 Posts
Can't second Gardiner's view enough.....!!!

I grew up on sportbikes and saw way too many guys cash in early because they bought the hottest/fastest bike and then pushed out to the limits before they had developed the skills needed to drive/ride them well.

I see/hear all too often dudes talk about boosting their HP and then observe how poorly they control what they've already got. I'll bet most (not all) of the guys who juice up their cars probably do not yet have a skill level to drive the car well in original trim....

The evening news here in So. Cal consistantly proves this point with images of street racers who've wrapped their cars 'round light poles or other cars, and who will not be coming home afterwards to learn from their mistakes.....

My advice, which I'm certain doesn't mean donkey doo to those who will read this, is to learn to drive the G WELL!, first, then go spend the big bucks to hot-rod it....

We've got a car that has as much HP as did a Porsche just a few short years ago. Hell, it wasn't all that long ago that Ferrari's 308 had similar HP.

One last donkey-doo-doo comment that I bet Dizz with agree with.... Learning to ride and ride well on a motorcycle has made me a MUCH BETTER car driver. I am much at controlling the car, judging what other's will do and I make much better decisions all from surving for years on a sport bike here in So. Cal........

ah hell.....maybe I'm just lucky.......!!!!!!

See Ya!

"uhh, no officer....how fast was I going??..."

2004 6MT Coupe/Brilliant Silver/Graphite Leather/Premium/Aero Kit 1/Splash Guards

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think a lot of kids today are guided by what they see on tv and in the movies. Movies like Fast and the Furious, while not a very good movie, made car modding accessible to kids, and opened up the world to them. But it only shows the glamorous side of it all. That's why you see cars wrapped around light poles in SoCal, MBg35. It flat out makes me really mad [rage], and when I see those reports on the news (when I get the opportunity to watch), it makes me want to bang my head into a wall.[banghead]

Hell, my first car was a Toyota Corolla. Not a car you can push all that hard, yet I still found a way to get a ticket at 100 on the 405 in Long Beach. Personally, I worked my way up to the G.. from the Corolla to a Ford Explorer to an Acura TL Type-S, and now the G. It was probably good that I had the Corolla first, though. I had a lot of accidents when I was younger (mainly due to constantly being tired from working a 40 hour week, and attempting to go to go to community college after I took my ged).

I agree with ironrice, too. Having a car that performs such as ours does is a privilidge, not a right. If you don't respect that, you shouldn't have the car. Regardless of how much mommy and daddy have in the bank. My car is still stock while I'm breaking it in, so I can get nice and comfy in it before I start modding it.

Anyhow, that's just my $.02.

- diz
['04 G35 Coupe 5AT/Brilliant Silver/Willow/Premium Package/Wheels & Tire Package]

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Totally agree with you Diztored. I mean my 1st car was a Honda accord 4-banger. It was slow but it was good because it gave me a chance to learn how to drive. My cousin had a Maxima for his 1st can and wanted to race everything in sight. He got into 2 accidents until he finally totaled the poor thing. And one more thing about these young kids is that their mommies and daddies have so much money they get them a 35k car for them and they don't even think twice about dropping like 10k for a turbo. I'm not hating on that but it just gets to me that when I was that age I had to work my arse off just to pay the insurance, loans, and gas and these youngins got it so easy. Maybe it's just envy and I need to vent... sigh... how easy for them to burn cash like that.

DG 6MT 'The rice is mightier than the corn'

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Recommend that you to talk with John Isbell at Grubbs Infiniti. Very sharp person to discuss options on supercharger vs turbo and the pro's and con's of each systems. The technology in forced air inductions has made many advances in the last year. It's worth you while to talk with John and get his incite. I personally would go with the twin turbo set-up myself, which he guarantees 360 hp at the rear wheels…. AWESOME!

"John Isbell" <[email protected]>

2004 G35 Coupe|5AT| Brilliant Silver|Graphite Leather|Premium|Perfomance|Aero|Pictures

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im sorry guys, i think u guys have misunderstood about me.
Firstable, I am not willing to get that turbo because i am worrying about the warranty or it gonna hurt my engine and all these stuffs.
I said that for fun, and I won't spend that much on the TT at all. ok, i know i am a 19 years old kid, and I have been got my license for only 2 years. But the point is i never hit anything and i never pick up any ticket during these 2 years. I just love the GReddy's body kit a lot which i am going to get one. And i want more advices from u guys cause u guys are experianced. I am not a hardcore racer and i drive really smoothly. forget about the TT thing, you guys have been misunderstood. ^_^

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and i wonder how much it gonna cost on a good paintjob

front bumper ?
side shirt ?
rear under spoiler?

Thanks for giving me information about it, i appreciate :)

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
GReddy kit is nice. If you can afford the body kit I'm sure the paint job shouldn't damage you too much.

One thing to consider with the GReddy is the large opening for the intercooler. Without the intercooler sitting there my guess is that your front crash beam is going to be very visible. I have heard of guys pulling the front crash beam, but I think that is an extremely bad idea.

"you will rue this day....well go on start ru-ing" Stewie Griffin

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, the body kit already cost all my money, so i wanna know whats the price will around @@"

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by MBg35

One last donkey-doo-doo comment that I bet Dizz with agree with.... Learning to ride and ride well on a motorcycle has made me a MUCH BETTER car driver. I am much at controlling the car, judging what other's will do and I make much better decisions all from surving for years on a sport bike here in So. Cal........

ah hell.....maybe I'm just lucky.......!!!!!!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yeah it does make me a better driver, except when I try to split lanes. [:D]
That's another reason why I hate my G. No wheelies and can't split lanes.
But I must agree with you, I think riding has honed my reaction time and vision when I drive. When riding, its so important to look through a turn. Most bike accidents happen because of inexperienced guys and girls riding beyond their capabilities. A good example would be target fixation, you're basically gonna wind up where ever you're looking. If you're turning and happen to see a naked blonde rather than looking through the turn, your ass is grass.

Good luck with the Greddy kit bro.

2004 Clear'd and Creamy Pearl 6MT
Aero and Premium goodness
Graphite's in to get the "lead" out
Forged rims and 1" drop... maybe
Stillen air box and z-tube, but that's it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts