Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wash your birdshit when it lands. don't leave it on for long periods..

it causes permanent damage to your paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aklfjalk;dfjalk

|So. Cal|G35 Sedan|Premium|Aero|Black/Black|Still looking for good salesman/dealer|

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Very good advice. Just like human excrements have acids in them (e.g. uric acid), bird shit has acids in it. So if you allow bird shit to stand on your car it will eat away at the clear coat. Also, if you leave it in the sun it will be more damaging. I am not saying that leaving it on for a day will make your paint look like its been burned off, but extended periods of time will definitely do the task. Also, when you wash your car, you typically do not get ALL of the acids out of your paint. They tend to soak in. The best way to remove them, along with other acids (from rain, crap you drive through, etc.) is by using a clay bar on your car once every 6 months to a year.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The most annoying thing you can ever have to do to your car to keep it clean. But after you are done you will be able to slide right across your car. A clay bar is a small little brick like bar that will fit in your hand and you pretty much have to smear it across the whole car just like wax, but it can easily take you about an hour and a half to do.

2003 G35C / 6mt / LR & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA 5 Months, Maybe 1.5 weeks?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Fwabs is correct, but he forgot to mention the most important thing. The LUBRICATION! Haha, without the right amount of lubrication applied you can really mess up your car.

You can buy a clay bar from any local auto parts store. There will be detailed instructions with the bar. But basically you have to:
1. Spray on lubrication
2. Rub bar over lubricated area
3. Move to new area and repeat steps 1 and 2
However, every now and then you have to check the clay bar to see if there are sediments on it. You cannot leave the sediments on top so you must remold the clay bar and work it to a clean surface again.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I think using a clay bar is like really really really fine wet sanding. It might be a good idea to use a polishing wax after the clay bar.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance |

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a 3x3 inch and a 4x2 inch bird shit stain on my beautful white IS300...completely irremovable by normal means..i'm guessing the clay bar will work for that..right..? (Begins praying..)

[bigeyes]

|So. Cal|G35 Sedan|Premium|Aero|Black/Black|Still looking for good salesman/dealer|

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I think using a clay bar is like really really really fine wet sanding.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's exactly what it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts