Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I was hoping that I could stop by and someone could give me some suggestions. I am in the middle of choosing a car, i have been saving for a while and I want to get a car that I can work on and really turn it into a nice and fast car. I think the G35 Coupe is it but everyone tells me...why not get a Mustang or a Viper (used of course) for just a little more. My friends, who are obviously bias towards AMERICAN made cars say that but I still like the G35. Are aftermarket performance parts be availabel for the G? Like b olt on turbo/supershargers? if so how about the trans and the motor mount, and possibly the rear and suspension? If someone could give me some ideas or insight it would be MUCH APPRECIATED. Thanks!
-john
[cheers]

Klawria D' Notrub

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
I would skip the Mustang, so many of them out there, hard to stand out. The Viper is okay but it is very expensive to work on. The G35 coupe is very nice, not much available yet for it but it starting to have go fast parts.
Of those three I would get the G35 coupe. Or blow the money on a Z06 Vette, that's just me speaking.[dunno][lol][lol]

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Welcome, John. Gotta agree with Gardiner here. The only Mustangs worth getting are OLD ones. The newer Mustangs don't have much moxy IMHO, and there are way too many of them. Viper would be very cool if you can afford it, and the G35 coupe... well... just read the signature! [:D]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys! My friend recently bought a Z05 and he is telling me to go for the Z06 too, but I am just not a "vette" guy. I think I lack in the gold chains, half buttoned shirt and ape like hairy chest to be driving a vette...that's only my persepective though. next year the new mustand model comes out, and I know everyone and their mother will be getting one.

Do they plan on making a TT model for the Z/G35? How about Toyota, have you guys heard of any plans to revive the Supra TT? I am still leaning towards the G35, for now...

Klawria D' Notrub

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by klawria

I think I lack in the gold chains, half buttoned shirt and ape like hairy chest to be driving a vette...that's only my persepective though.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Be careful John... Gardiner drives a Z06... them's fightin' words! [:D]

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
No gold chains here. If you are not a "Vette" guy do not take a Z06 out for a test drive. It will ruin you, I have driven so many cars in my life and this car is the only one that really excites me from its raw power. Launching from a standstill a being able to not smoke the tires in first, second and third gears can be a bear. But if you can handle the power you can rip 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds and turn the 1/4 in the 11's. There is not much on the street that I can't take if I want to take. I have done just a little tweaking and I have raised my HP from the factory 405 to about 435.

My G35 on the other hand is a much more civil creature that will suprise many people with its speed. It is much more comfortable to drive and ride in and take on long trips. It will probably stay stock while I own it. It is a very nice car and my clients enjoy riding in it. But when I take one out in the Vette and give them a 0-60 80% acceleration you should hear them squeal. The Z06 is a beast, the G35 is well rounded.

Me in the blue scrub and James from http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
And for my 1000th post, I proudly bring you Pimp daddy G!

[pimp]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
The real Gardiner finally makes an appearance! Congrats on seniordom, Lead! (sheesh, what took you so long?)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I meant no offense by it Gardiner, but I do like the new look! My friends Z05 has a similar feel from the line (although not as powerful as the ZO6) but he can grab hold and take off. He has ran it with his best time being 12.08 (I don't remember his speed though). He has the Titanium exhaust from the ZO6, Black Wing, lowered suspension. I think that's it (for now). Ehhh...we'll see, I will just banging my head against the wall until the right soultion comes out. [banghead]

Thanks for everyone's answers I' keep going through and seeing what is going on. I'll let you know what I decide.

Klawria D' Notrub

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
lead, how did you photoshop a new body style vette into that picture of gardiner from the 70s?[bigeyes] i bet with that fro gardiner did lots of [boink][boink][boink][boink] of maybe it was because of the gold chains?

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
254 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by klawria

I meant no offense by it Gardiner, but I do like the new look! My friends Z05 has a similar feel from the line (although not as powerful as the ZO6) but he can grab hold and take off. He has ran it with his best time being 12.08 (I don't remember his speed though). He has the Titanium exhaust from the ZO6, Black Wing, lowered suspension. I think that's it (for now). Ehhh...we'll see, I will just banging my head against the wall until the right soultion comes out. [banghead]

Thanks for everyone's answers I' keep going through and seeing what is going on. I'll let you know what I decide.

Klawria D' Notrub

Z05??? am I missing something, or should this be C5?[dunno]

CMEGOBYU
99 Ford Focus Riced!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
you forget to put a link there, CMEGOBYU? [dunno]

By the way, when did you change your sig? You really have a riced-out Focus?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by CMEGOBYU

Hey Klawria check this place out...they have some allright stuff for the G[:D].....Sorry Lead, but noone else had mentioned it yet[dunno]
http://store.yahoo.com/sgpracing-store/03onnisking3.html
No need to apologize. These guys are truly awesome! I will be doing a big write up on them after they finish with a few more changes for me. Stay tuned!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
254 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

you forget to put a link there, CMEGOBYU? [dunno]

By the way, when did you change your sig? You really have a riced-out Focus?

oops...got it...i just felt like messing around...i wanted to see how many posts I could make before someone noticed[:D]

CMEGOBYU
99 Ford Focus Riced!!!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, C5, ZO5 they are all the same right? My bad, not paying attention again. it is a 2002 C5. Thanks for the link bro, I'll check them out now. Has anyone in here done any serious modifications to their G35 outside of the cold air intake and exhaust? I have been looking for some DYNO tests for either the Z or the G35 but coming up short. I'll continue to look. Thanks!
[cheers]

Klawria D' Notrub

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by CMEGOBYU

i just felt like messing around...i wanted to see how many posts I could make before someone noticed[:D]

How long did it take? Was I on it or what?

by the way, John... what does "Klawria D' Notrub" mean? Is that your name? If so, where's that from?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts