Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all the g35/g37 is only a skyline in Japan and NOWHERE else in the world. It is important to get your facts straight before you try to call me out so that you can prevent yourself from looking like an idiot. The skyline nameplate was only used in Japan and in Australia. It was only used in Australia for the BNR32/HCR32/HNR32 models and only during 1990-1992. It was stopped being sold in Australia shortly after.
As far people saying its the same car. No it is not. There are very subtle differences between most JDM and USDM models. One of the main differences would be the bumper as Japanese bumper regulations are far more tolerant than American standards. There is a difference in suspension (JDM are softer), different ECU, different rear exhaust box, different can-bus wires, front grill, badges, different steering rack, etc etc.

p.s. for anyone doubting my information please kindly do proper research first before you even attempt to correct me.

·
Super Moderator
27,334 Posts
Not true.

I saw a skyline just the other day. It had to be a real one, it had the "skyline" letters on the trunk.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoL ahh yes....He must have imported it over from Japan then switched the steering over to the left for US regulation purposes.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This isn't a debate really. I'm stating facts and why the G35 is NOT the skyline.
Skyline only exists in Japan, no where else in the world. Every other country is G35. It's not even a discussion on what you'd rather call it, skyline or G35. If you call your USDM specced G35 a skyline you have no idea what kind of car you own. You only know it resembles a car built and specced out for another country.
It's not a difference in opinion of "tomato" or "tomahto". You're talking about tomato and cucumbers.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I was gonna say you missed the biggest difference in the OP, steering being on the other side, but you covered that in the third post.

·
Registered
50,074 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is. Side note: anyone know where I can find GX470 emblems for my 4Runner?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
OMG, Bach! You just gave me a brilliant idea. Picture a black mysterious batmobile looking car rockin these on the trunk lid:

Move over Mt. Fuji

1 - 20 of 255 Posts