Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my experience at my second oil change.

Everything is normal $44.95 for the standard oil service package - opted no to go with the dealer's recommended 7500 mile service (was over $100 to 'check' brakes, fuel lines, etc.).

I had been noticing the engine "stumble" when i came to a dead stop or took my foot off the brake from a dead stop - very slight, but certainly noticable. I mentioned this to my dealer, they checked it out and it turned out that my G was idling at 600 RPMs and the recommended idle is at 700 RPM, they made the adjustment and problem solved.

I hope this might settle the debate on ideal idle RPMs - i've noticed much talk of it on several forums.

Anyway, hope this helps others who may have have the same problem.

PS - I also inquired about puting synthetic oil in. THe dealer said two thing I found very interesting:

1 - The manufacture doesn't recommend synthetic (I could not confirm though).
2 - Many people who put in synthetic oil think it will give them more time between trips to dealer for regular service - this is untrue. The synthetic oil may last 7500 miles vs. 3000 for regular, but the oil filter still gets dirty at 3000 so at least the filter should be changed every 3000 miles - and if you already at the dealer getting the filter done, might as well have the oil changed also. Makes sense to me, though I'm a novice to the topic.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's good to know. I feel dumb sometimes asking them about little things like that, but I guess it beats having a big problem down the road.

Black 2003.5 6MT - Willow - Nav - Premium - Performance - Tint - Nose mask

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Got my 7500 done yesterday and I had them detail it too. They actually did a less than spectacular job so I won't be using them for that again.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Getting my 7500 mile service done as we speak. Was surprised at the price tag though. I went ahead and opted for the recommended stuff, but since the tires can't be rotated the service manager said it would run somewhere in the $80 neighborhood.

I'm glad the dealers wash the cars, but would never rely on them for detailing. It's assembly-line work there.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

1 - 4 of 4 Posts