Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car (03 35G sedan) slightly used from a private party with just over 6,000 miles on it. I just took it in for the 7,500 mile service, which was my first experience with my local dealership. The job ran $137, with a laundry list of inspections supposedly performed that included lubing of a radio antenna shaft (which seems odd since the antenna is imbedded in the rear windshield). Also, the tires were supposedly rotated. The brake pad dust on the front wheels tells me this service was not performed, and I intend to confront the service department over this tomorrow. It bugs me to pay this much dough for what amounts to an oil change, and wonder how others feel. Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's pathetic! [}:)] Don't let them get away with it, call Infiniti corporate and let them know about this shoddy dealership. But first talk to the service manager and let him know you are going upstream.

When I bought my car I continually asked about service quality, additional fees, and anything else that might just "pop up" on the contract. I was consistently told "hey, this isn't a Ford dealership, we don't do things that way". If I got anywhere near the lack of respect shown by your dealer I would be very angry also. Don't let them give you any lip about "not buying your car from our dealership" either.

Darin
-----
6MT Sedan-Brilliant Silver-Premium-Aero-Winter

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just had my 7500 service done on saturday, and it was 97.00, and that included balancing all 4 tires, which they said isn't part of the normal service but we needed to do it b/c i was getting vibration- i haven't felt like i've been screwed yet in the couple visits i've had to the dealer, and like the fact that they wash it everytime it is there[8D]

CMEGOBYU
03.5 G35s Pearl,Sprt,Aero

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a followup to my post ...

The dealership fessed up to not rotating the tires, and thus busted, appologised profusely. They trotted out the errant mechanic, an asian fellow, who bowed and scraped and basically fell on the sword. The service department guy reminded me of Claude Rains in Casablanca when he was informed of the gambling at Rick's Cafe ... "I'm shocked ... shocked ..." So they did the job and gave me a coupon for a free oil change. More appologies ...

My suggestion to anybody who is due for tire rotation as part of their service ... mark one of your tires in some not too obvious place and check ... catch the house cheating and you'll get a free oil change too ...

Thanks guys ...

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
L Thomas... way to keep 'em honest! [clapper]

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Nice job. I hope they remember you and treat you like you own the place from now on. That's the way it should be!

[:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I dont like having anyone work on my car unless it HAS to be done. I like to do my own work if i know what im doing.

AIM: Jo3yf
'03.5 5AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver/Graphite | Premium | Winter | Heated Seats/mirrors
350z intake tube | Stillen CAB | Clear Corners | Drilled Pedals | Sick Audio Setup
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/joebizz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.