Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a stick now and I have a 6mt coupe on order, yesterday my cuz came over w/ his new 325xi. After driving that car and the response I got from the manumatic Iv'e been getting second thoughts on the 6mt vs 5at. besides not getting the Brembos is their any other reason to get the 6mt? What has been your take on the trasmission you bought. I have read reviews of the manual being "notchy". Just hoping to get some of your opinions....

Thanks,
A

DG/W 6MT Prem, Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I've had manual cars all my life and opted for the smooth shifting 5AT in my sport aero kit sedan. It's awesome! Also, just to name a few more things you get with the Automatic:

Flush compartment color-matched dual cup holder.
Longer armrest resulting in larger console compartment
3rd power outlet inside console.
Rear AC ducts (rear passengers)
Auto sliding driver's seat
More that I don't remember...

All this and the ability to go to manual shift mode when you get bored!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I agree. I've driven many sticks in the past, but I don't miss it at all, and my left leg thanks me every day!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Bunch of pansies!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I only have 120 miles on mine and the shifter was tight as hell in the very beginning but it is a joy to drive. Unless you're doing a lot of commuting in heavy traffic, go fer the stick. I have had stick/auto/stick/auto and now back to stick. I had an Acura CL-S and it was offered with a stick in 2001. I really missed it. Now I am glad to be back in manual trannies.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
GTO, are you driving a 6mt coupe or sedan? Miami's highway congestions are pretty similar to mall parking lots on christmans eve, so the 5AT was perfect. Welcome back Semi!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Bunch of pansies!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yo mama's a pansy!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Bunch of pansies!
your candor has been missed. good to have you back!

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh
your candor has been missed. good to have you back!
No it hasn't. [lol]

Just giving you a hard time Semi!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Poor guy just takes a peak in here, and he is already getting sprayed with lead
. But hey, he called us automatic driver pantsys, so don't stop! [lol]

XL

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
That seems to be his MO lately... little peek here, little peek there.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
He's a peeker!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Speaking of Semi, looks like you guys got him in a tight missile lock. Semi, it'll be a tuff dog fight, but you can shake em if you try! I think gardiner is preparing his own atomic post bomb of jokes or off topic subjects... [timebomb]

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Speaking of Semi, looks like you guys got him in a tight missile lock. Semi, it'll be a tuff dog fight, but you can shake em if you try! I think gardiner is preparing his own atomic post bomb of jokes or off topic subjects... [timebomb]
I'm ready for him with a little magic of my own. Bring it on Gard!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Speaking of Semi, looks like you guys got him in a tight missile lock. Semi, it'll be a tuff dog fight, but you can shake em if you try! <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
If my take on semi is correct, he will have nothing to do with these shenanigans. That's part of his charm.

-Ken

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Speaking of Semi, looks like you guys got him in a tight missile lock. Semi, it'll be a tuff dog fight, but you can shake em if you try! <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
If my take on semi is correct, he will have nothing to do with these shenanigans. That's part of his charm.

You, sir, are correct.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I guess what I don't really understand about those that suggest an auto in heavy traffic situations is the fact that outside the US, this idea is foreign. No one drives an auto with the exception of the handicapped in Europe and there are plenty of cities there that easily equal the traffic we have in the states.

Why are Americans so much more sensitive to this?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

It is easier to shave and put on eye makeup if you don't have to worry about shifting.

LOL! Good Answer!

For me, it's all about comfort and convenience. I like shifting and all, but only when I'm really trying to get the most performance out of a vehicle. When it comes to everyday commuting, if it can be avoided, why not? Just sit back and relax. In general, I do think Americans are obsessed with convenience.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts