Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Has Infiniti released performance numbers for the 6mt version of the G35 Sedan? I've been looking for a while now and haven't found anything on the 6mt except for MotorTrends "First Drive" numbers of 5.78 0-60 and 14.2(something) 1/4 mile. Anyone know of any other numbers out there for the 6mt Sedan?

thanks,
Riv

-6MT Sedan, Aero, Black on Black

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I can't say that I've seen many car companies post official specifications for performance. They'll tell the magazines what they expect, but rarely officially spec anything.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was under the assumption that with performance auto's they do, maybe I'm mistaken. ie. Volvo just came out with the S60R and Volvo specs 5.4 0-60. MT got 5.5 I think. I was just wondering what Infiniti says this car will do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been searching for better test results on the 6mt sedan also. All I have found is motor trends brief article. I keep hoping one of the big car magazines will do another comprason with the g35 6mt. All the other camparasons were done with the auto. Hopefully the changes and new options help the G when going head to head with BMW, Audi, and Mercedes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, Infiniti missed the boat on the 6mt comparisons by releasing it so late. I bet a lot of the car companies would have used the 6mt for comparos if it would have been available. sucks.

Riv

·
Registered
119 Posts
Come on Riv, It does not suck. It's just cool to have one in the first place. Part of the appeal of the G is the allure and the fact that every brat does not have one (Except bizz, of course...) It might take a little getting used to, but the fact that it will smoke just about anything out there should give you a little more confidence, which does not suck.
I do expect that one one of the other majors does another rollout with a 6 Speed, we will see another article on entry level sport-lux manuals. As for the manufacturer's publishing a spec for performance, that would be like depending on the car stereo industry to tell you how many watts there amplifiers put out....

G35/S/6MT DP over Graphite, Premium.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kfreefall

Part of the appeal of the G is the allure and the fact that every brat does not have one (Except bizz, of course...) <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Haha, you are awesome! [:D]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I'm not saying the car sucks, and I know it will beat just about anything out there. I just like to read about perf. specs. Just as I assume most of you do to since I'm sure everyone on this forum considers themselves to be car enthusiasts. And the part that sucks is that they released it late. Really, you can't tell me releasing a "Sports Sedan" without the option of shifting gears for yourself (Manual mode of course doesn't count) is a good idea. The car is great, no complaints from me, just think that Infiniti could have handled it better. I don't know if they were holding off on the 6speed till the release of the 350Z or what but the development process surely was complete by then so you can't say they didn't have one to put in the car. Just my .02 cents.

-Riv

1 - 8 of 8 Posts