Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk about a giantkiller. I work for an Infiniti Dealer in Atlanta. I drive these cars every day. The best product Nissan/Infiniti makes is the 6MT G35 sedan. I really can't feel the 20 bhp Coupe advantage. Besides, the sedan is actually a little lighter than the coupe.
My Dad owns a 2001 Audi S4. I took a 6MT sedan over to his house so he could drive it. He was in the G35, I was in the S4 getting on the interstate. He floored it as soon as we pulled on to the on-ramp and I was right behind him. The S4 simply could not keep up with G35 untill about 80 mph. We were'nt going to go past 100 but It felt like S4 would catch the G at about 120.
The 6MT sedan drives every bit like a 5.5 sec to 60mph car. Im sure it would run side by side with an E36 BMW M3. And it costs 30k brand new, Amazing[:D]

The only flaw that I have found in the sedan is that the stock tires are way to narrow. 215's, [bs] please. VDC kicks in to early and to often. All the serious german sedans are rolling on at least 235's. Mabye in Dec when the G35 gets ATTESA-ETS it won't be an issue. I can't wait[angel]

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That's good work. I would have thought an S4 would lick a G. The S4's are 4 wheel drive? Or just rear wheel?

You're correct, the sedan needs some beefier tires. 235's all around would be very nice.

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The S4 is 4 wheel drive. All Audis are based on a front wheel drive layout. No such thing as a rear wheel drive Audi.

I am hoping that when the G35 gets ATTESA-ETS it will compensate for the narrow tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.