Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the G35 coupe can be special ordered to be 5AT with the Brembo brake kits? I just don't understand why the 6MT get's this privelege and the 5AT doesn't.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Not right now. It may become an option in the future, but for now, 6MT only!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey V, I think the AWD sedan might have em'. Any insight?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I haven't heard that, but it would be sweet. Maybe they'll make it an option. hint, hint, Infiniti if you're listening!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I think this may not be that important to them since from what I've read, the difference in stopping distance from 60-0 is 2 feet.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I'm with Lead on this, the Brembo's may just a cosmetic difference since the skidpad numbers are so close it's practically ridiculous. Like 2ft difference or something... pathetic. They do look nice though, but I'm happy with my brakes. Besides, my dealer blasts then with pressure wash every time so they always look new! To anyone who plans on painting theirs, I recommend to hold off and spend a couple bucks on a pressure washer, and keep the brakes looking new hassle free every time!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
19 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Does anyone know if the G35 coupe can be special ordered to be 5AT with the Brembo brake kits? I just don't understand why the 6MT get's this privelege and the 5AT doesn't.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No and you WILL NOT be able to order Brembo's on the automatic.[hammer]

If you want to spend the money upgrading, I would'nt. The Brakes on your auto should be just fine and more than enough to throw you though your windshild if you like.
[fight]

G20t owner, Internet Manager North Shore Infiniti, Great Neck, LI, NY. Love Infiniti's & straight talk!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by miowname The Brakes on your auto should be just fine and more than enough to throw you though your windshild if you like.
[fight]

I coudln't agree with you more completely M. Did you see all the props I've been giving to the sedan's brakes all over this forum? [boink] I love it when the calipers get hit by the dealer's pressure washer... just like new! [:D]

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

I love it when the calipers get hit by the dealer's pressure washer... just like new! [:D]

Just don't forget to pressure wash your faceprint off of the inside of your windshield. [lol]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_footJust don't forget to pressure wash your faceprint off of the inside of your windshield. [lol]

I'm one of the low percentage of Americans who do wear their seatbelt. [:D]

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm right there with you. I feel naked without it (not that feeling naked is bad). [lol]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah tell me about it! Since I was a kid, the seatbelt has been part of my body. Only lately have I began to slack a little on it, but it's usually only after driving out of a fast food driveway or gas station, where I had loosened it for convenience. You won't catch xzel without a seat belt! [:D]

XL

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Back when I was in law enforcement I saw so gruesome sights. I saw some nice accidents also. I remember coming up to a car with a little boy strapped in a car seat. I asked him if he was okay and he said he was okay. He asked me how his mommy was, I looked in the front seat of the Crown Vic she was driving to check on her. She was sitting in her seat buckled in and just fine. The girl that hit her was okay as well. That was a nice one.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GardinerI remember coming up to a car with a little boy strapped in a car seat. I asked him if he was okay and he said he was okay. He asked me how his mommy was, I looked in the front seat of the Crown Vic she was driving to check on her. She was sitting in her seat buckled in and just fine. The girl that hit her was okay as well. That was a nice one.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

A comforting sight indeed after contemplating an accident like that.

XL

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, anyone in here thinking about getting a big brake upgrade on their 6mt coupe? Those gold brembo calipers would look mighty fine shinning through my dueces! [boink]
XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

So, anyone in here thinking about getting a big brake upgrade on their 6mt coupe? Those gold brembo calipers would look mighty fine shinning through my dueces! [boink]

Too bad you don't have a coupe. [lol]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey you'd be surprised... One guy in FA had a big brake upgrade done on his Caribbean blue 6mt coupe and it looked awesome since the calipers matched the color of his car... By the time I got to him he had sold the factory brakes like a hot cake...

XL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just to throw in my 2 cents, I test drove an coupe AT and MT when shopping for cars. The dealership would not let the MTs be test drove since they sold so fast, only AT. But when I went back a second time, they had a used 6mt turned in the day before which had the brembros so they let me take that out. I definitly liked the brembros better. I thought the standard ones were much more touchy, it took me a while to get use to not squeezing them too hard.

I am not saying the non-brems are bad, once you get use to it I am sure your are fine and like lead and XL said, there is only a 2 foot difference. But if I had a choice........

Ernie

Red/Graphite 6MT G35 Coupe (on Order)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll stick to the stockies and continue to pressure wash them. [:D]

XL

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes there is only a 2 foot difference. but do 60-0 lets say ten times in a row, and you will see the stocks will take longer to stop with each run and will fade a little. the brembro will stop in just about the same distance on the 10th run as the 1st one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts