Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the 3M Clear Bra installed? I think I'm gonna do that. Has anyone done it themselves? Any pitfalls? That purdy red paint won't look good with rock chips.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The clear bra topic has been done to death already.

The most informative post for me was this one:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthr...months&Main=67235989&Search=true#Post67235989

To sum up, clear bra is great IF it is the 3m product and IF you find an installer who has real, long-term experience and a shop that can control dust. For a list of 3m certified installers, go here:

http://www.3m.com/us/auto_marine_aero/auto_pro_markets/ppf/list-applicators.jhtml

To clear bra the coupe - hood, mirrors, etc., is about $650ish. There's no way you can do it yourself and have it work right.

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I guess I'm guilty of not using the search function. I actually found a professional who will do it and has done many including G35C, [bowdown]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone done the clear bra yet? How does it look? Any recommendations for those of us considering doing it?

[smoking]

Thanks,
G

- G35C 6MT DG/Willow, Premium, Nav (on order)

DG/W 6MT Prem, Nav

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 3M clear bra installed at my Infiniti dealer in Columbus, OH. It looks fine and it was under $400 installed.

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT | Desert Platinum | Willow | Premium | Aero

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I found an authorized 3M dealer in Denville, NJ. He has ordered the kit for me and will install on a sunny day next week. Thanks for the help in the research.

·
Registered
550 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GTO2050

Well, I found an authorized 3M dealer in Denville, NJ. He has ordered the kit for me and will install on a sunny day next week. Thanks for the help in the research.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

How much is it going to cost you?

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
How much is it going to cost you?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">The kit is $250 and $100 to install it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That's a damn good deal from what I've heard.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

1 - 9 of 9 Posts