Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I'm new to this forum and need a little help. I'm in the market for a car and having trouble deciding between the G35 coupe and the 350Z. I've test driven one 6MT and a couple of 350s. I really like the frills the G35 has to offer, of course, but I really like the way the 350s feel when I drive them. The G35 "feels" a little sluggish in comparison. I want to test drive another 6MT, but the problem is that there is only one Infiniti dealer where I live and they don't keep very many coupes stocked. So, my question is, has anyone gone through this dilemma, and can I pretty much expect the G35 to feel this way due to it's luxury orientation? I look forward to your input.

[?]

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Both are excellent cars; it just comes down to personal preference. If you want a pure sports car, get the Z, no question. The G is more "sluggish" (sorry, guys). But if you want a more practical car (4 seats, nicer ride, etc), get the G. They're almost the same money, so all that matters is what you want.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have to disagree. The difference is, if you can spend the extra amount for the 6mt, then Id go g35 in a sec. I was all for 350z at first until I realized how closely priced the g35. After test driving both extensively, there is little difference is acceleration. The difference between your driving and someone else's is the difference in the acceleration. (meaning you'll never hit either's maximum potential).

Handling-wise, I thought both were great. The g35 actually posted a better slalom time than the Z because of its wider wheel base. Which also improves the driving comfort A LOT. As much as I like a sports car, the 350z became a chore to drive because everything feels so ruggid. The g35 is supple, yet feels great.

Anyways, my reccomendation is G35, because in the end after EXTENSIVELY comparing both, I bought a g35 last week.

BTW, I test drove the 6mt before buying, about a week after test driving a Z, and I noticed little difference. I was taking sharp turns at high speeds with a lot of confidence. If you get the 6mt, you wont be dissapointed.

G35 Coupe 6MT / Silverstone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts