Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

No laurel-resting around the Nissan shop: Less than a year after its 350Z coupe hit the market, Z buyers get an open-top option. The convertible Z, called the 350Z Roadster, debuts at the New York auto show in April and arrives in showrooms this summer.

The vehicle features a power-operated cloth top with glass rear window. Price for the drop-top version wasn't immediately available. The hardtop version is priced beginning at around $27,000.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
WHOA...that is SWEET! I may actually really like a convertible for once. I'm not a big fan of them but that one looks TIGHT!

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That red one has to be a fake. It looks like they just added a fabric cover to the hard top. You can see that there are "snaps" on the side of the red Z's convertable. What do you think Gav?

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

That red one has to be a fake. It looks like they just added a fabric cover to the hard top. You can see that there are "snaps" on the side of the red Z's convertable. What do you think Gav?

6-speed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sure does look fake. But...no matter what, we will soon see them in lots.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
If I was more of a convertable guy, I'd by that blue Z in a second. Looks freakin' awesome. I don't know what the deal is with that red one. Looks like someone "f'd" up a perfectly good Z [:(!]

6-speed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Never could understand why so many people insist on making a car look like what it's not! Come on, one look inside and you'll know the thing isn't a 'drop-top'.

At the risk of perhaps offending someone, the same goes for the people who go out of their way to apply badges to their car indicating it has some performance option that it doesn't! I actually read a whole thread on another forum about these people who where clamoring for bagdes from Japan to rebagde their G's as Skyline and V35(?), WHY? I'm sure it won't be too long before we see G's running around with all kinds of NISMO badging when in fact the guy probably didn't even spring for the trunk mat!

Can't people take pride what they have! I remember when I didn't have two nickels to rub together and my "hot ride" was a 3spd Manual Plymouth Volare Station Wagon. But I took care of that thing just like the ones I drive now and was proud to say it was mine!

Sorry for the rant, and hope I didn't offend anyone, but I really don't get it!

'03 6MT (6-Speed Coupe)
Diamond Graphite/Willow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts