Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Designed, developed and tested through motorsports. The 350EVO front upper control arms allow for quick, easy and reliable camber adjustment to the front of your G35 or 350Z. These are the same front upper control arms that are used on the Schuitemaker Motorsports Grand Am Cup 350 Z race cars.
check them out at
www.350EVO.com

Download Attachment: 350EVOarms.jpg
30.47KB

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I know that, as a general rule-of-thumb, rear downsprings with >1" drop will put the sedan over the limits of spec camber adjustment. How much would one need to drop the front to find benefit from these front upper control arms?

2004 | 6MTs | Diamond Graphite/Graphite
Upstate NY

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late reply........we were at Watkins Glenn this past weekend. Watch the race on SpeedChannel......next Sunday at 2 pm.
;)
If you are going to the track you will need to put neg camber in the car. If you put a set of lowering springs on the front of your car you will also be changing the camber out of spec and need to pull it back out.
Either way.... there is no camber adjustment on the front of the 350Z or the G35. These arms allow for camber adjustment......trac or street.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> If you put a set of lowering springs on the front of your car you will also be changing the camber out of spec and need to pull it back out. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Thanks, but that really does not answer the question. Several folks with Eibach ProKit downspring's 7/8" front drop report camber remains within oem spec tolerances. Obviously, that drop will change camber reading from what it was but, again, it would still remain within oem spec tolerances. So it was my understanding that it would take closer to an inch or more of front drop before the adjustable control arms become necessary. Am I mis-informed?

2004 | 6MTs | Diamond Graphite/Graphite
Upstate NY

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
People are either looking to add neg camber for tracking and auto xing or trying to get back below -1 degree for street driving.
I currently have Eibachs with the Konis sports and with our front control arms. I am able to get back to -.5 in the front which is well within the specs.
With out adjustable control arms the only way to adjust camber in the front of the Z is by bending the OEM arms or the frame.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are different than what I have for the 350Z but the specs I have are the original off of the ESM.

·
Registered
817 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dwnshft
Our first shipment of control arms are gone.....anyone looking to get on the list for the next shipment please e mail
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I might be interested....how much are your front control arms? (Any discounts for the forum members? [:D]) BTW, can you also adjust the caster angle with your control arms or is that even possible with any aftermarket camber kits ?[dunno].

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Caster is not adjustable at this time with our upper control arms....just camber. We have looked at it and hope to have an add on to them in the future that will allow for it. We have never adjusted the caster on our race cars or felt the need to. We have had this request by a couple of people and are looking into it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are $849.95 with the mono ball inserts instead of the OEM rubber bushings. They allow for smoother and more percise operation and get rid of the "wind up" associated with the OEM rubber bushings. We will be releasing our complete kit with rear camber arms and rear trailing arms......the total package will be available for $1545.96.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No....Mono ball inserts are like a ball bearing. Its solid so there wont be any play that would be there with a rubber bushing. But they allow for very smooth movement.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually the ride quality is better wiht the mono ball in the uppers control arms. The bushings for in the upper control arms are more of a pivot point. the mono balls rotoate alot easier and smoother vs the rubber bushings. In other areas like front lower front shock bushings...that will make the ride stiffer becasue it directly translates.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts