Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While waiting for my other vehicle to get maintenance done, I had a chance to test drive a 2003 Cobra...Incredible motor, sound and POWER...but...$35-$40K????? The stock pipes were cut badly, no sunroof, only a ragtop for an extra $5K, cheesy manual dials for temp-A/C, 2-tone leather/suede seats

The interior dash is EXACTLY the same as the '94 5.0 GT I had TEN YEARS AGO!!!!

Does Ford expect the name and power alone to justify the $$??

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem/Alum. Ped./Z Intake/Z Pop-Charger

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Does Ford expect the name and power alone to justify the $$??<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Pretty much.

For those that still want American Muscle, the only other option at this point is the vette at another 5-10K.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Outside of the HP...The Cobra looks like a boy-racer mobile next to the G.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1CRAZMOFO

Outside of the HP...The Cobra looks like a boy-racer mobile next to the G.....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Maybe so, but think about this-- For the money, there aren't any new cars faster than a '03 or '04 Mustang Cobra.

Try to find a brand new $35,000 car that can run in the 12's off the showroom floor. It aint happenin'[:D]

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Everything I've seen indicates the Cobra runs a 13.5 stock. I've no idea where you got your number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the new cobras will run a 13.1 with a good driver, and can get in the 12's stock with a really good driver. They can run 11's with not alot of modification, but you will still be driving a mustang after the run. If you like mustangs then its a good car for you.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Camero's will eat most mustangs, for a lot less money...

2004 G35 Coupe|5AT| Brilliant Silver|Graphite Leather|Premium|Perfomance|Aero|Pictures

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I agree with Tom2. For the money right now, not much else can beat the Cobra. From all I have read they are posting quarter mile times of high 12's to 13.0's! I was actually going to get one over my G but like someone else already mentioned...they have not changed the interior on the stangs since the '94 models. Still the same old crappy interior.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Cobra is Mustang and Mustang is a Ford and ford is a stupid car. I will never buy one no matter what. I agree that they have load of power but remember that you are driving a mustang...

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Mustangs have a lot of power, but they can't grip worth crap. Or so I've heard from Mustang owners.

You know what I drive. Pictures.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts