Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all-
I have dig through the forums and searched and searched. I understand that the Bose amps aren't the best... However I would rather not add a sub to the trunk. I enjoy barely fitting a suitcase back there.

Instead I was considering installing these...

Car Audio, Component Speaker Systems, CS, 6x9-INCH (160mm x 230mm) | Kicker

They have a 2ohm version.

What is the general consensus as to this being a worthwhile upgrade? I would like to ha e better highs and lows without an overhaul as this car is a lease.

Thx-

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
** As long as you know the current feed to the rear shelf is sub level range only and you knowingly are going to need full range to the new speakers....

One option you may not have considered - or be aware of is the stealth type enclosure for a low end driver in the trunk that could round out your system once you lose the rear shelf subs. That could put to use the Bose amp that otherwise has no use in your current plan. The sub driver fits nearly flush with side panel carpeted trunk lining.

I'm one who (also) will try to work around the Bose weaknesses by replacing the speakers as well. If the electronics hold up, I'll keep them in place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts