Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For several years now Infiniti's G37 has stood as the best alternative to BMW's 335i. Better yet, the G37 comes at a severe discount compared to its Bavarian counterpart. But even then, it's still $35,400 and as such is out of reach for a lot of folks.

Finally, Infiniti is offering a more budget-oriented alternative in the G25 and while it might not have the big V6 under the hood or the 300+ horsepower, it's a genuine luxury sports sedan without apologies.

As the name suggests, it's powered by a rather small 2.5-liter V6 engine that makes 218-hp and 187 lb-ft of torque. Mated to Infiniti's excellent and quick-shifting 7-speed automatic it feels much faster and even sounds pretty mean. Apart from BMW's six-speed unit, this might be the fastest reacting auto-box on the market and really makes living with an automatic less of a sacrifice.

More: 2011 Infiniti G25 Review on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
599 Posts
I wonder if it will affect the Nissan Maxima sales in anyway. They are similarly priced at 30-33k.

·
Super Moderator
27,334 Posts
I wonder if they will put that engine in the maxima? do the same thing to it that they did with the G, a "base" version.

·
Registered
599 Posts
They need to do something with the maxima. It is crazy pricey in my opinion as is. Really no point to get it instead of a G.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts