Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am living in the Limp Mode Margin. I have a code and Service Engine Light. I am sure I am on borrowed time with this code. However, I installed a pressure and temperature gauge. Is this the dreaded Galley Gasket?
What if any new information can anyone give me?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How bout check you're oil clean your timing solenoid and maybe replace a cam position sensor.... P.s. stop being overdramatic unless you have 350k on it and beat the shit out of it all day everyday you're fine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roger that... I have done all the above. I just could not swallow the Infiniti pill of replace the engine to solve the problem. I have almost everything I need to go after the galley gaskets. Looking for the tool to hold the flywheel in place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How many miles are on it and what's the rust situation look like ? I have an 03 with 53k on it it's not a toy box and the body is solid but if it comes down to that I'm getting rid of it ... I just did a header install and it wasn't fun I can't imagine having to fight around the rust the update New York winter's have put on this thing ... Good luck I'll throw you in the nightly prays with my kids lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
154,000 Miles. 2008. Been a great car. Actually, it still is a great car, it just has a quirky little gasket problem that Infiniti has known was a weak link. They should have recalled and repaired every one of these models affected. Plenty of YouTube on the galley gasket from start to finish repair.

Thanks,
I will take the prayers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts