Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got back from a 2 week vacation in japan 2 days ago. i went to the nissan dealership and sat in a 2004 nissan 350GT (infiniti g35 coupe). pretty similar except no clock in the center. the dealership had no info on the 2005 changes.

anyway, went to a 7 eleven and found a car magazine that had an article about the 2007 model. next year nissan will introduce the infiniti brand to japan. in summer/fall 2006 the new 2007 model G35 models come out. i saw a pic of the sedan, it looked awesome. hard to describe but it looked a little similar to the new m35 and some of the new lexus concept cars. anyway, the article had no powertrain info and only talked about the new FR-L monocoque platform. its aluminum and is supposed to be lighter and much stronger and stiffer than the current FM platform. the target is the BMW 5 series which nissan said the 2007 model will destroy in terms of handling and performance.

thought i'd pass the word for those interested. i'm not sure how much of this will apply to U.S. versions.

-ap

2003.5 G35C 6MT | premium package | Nav | aero | DP+willow

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That makes no sense. The Skyline/G35 has ALWAYS been an entry level lux targeted (with little effectiveness until recently) at the 3 series market. Why would they suddenly shift the platform to mid-lux arena right as they've finally had some success.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new car targeted at that market, sharing a basic platform with the G (as most new Nissan/Infiniti cars do now), but to shift markets on an increasingly entrenched model would be retarded.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jackal2001

So let me guess, you didn't buy the magazine so we have no pics?[banghead]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

cheap.. hehehheheheh

AIM: Jo3yf
'03.5 5AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver/Graphite | Premium | Winter | Heated Seats/mirrors
350z Intake Tube | Stillen CAB | Clear Corners | Drilled Pedals | Stillen Cat Back | coming soon: Infinty Kappa Perfect 6.5 w/ infinity 111w X 4 @ 4 Ohms
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/joebizz. UPDATED!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Magazine in Japan are quite expensive...If you guys have ever been to the San Francisco Japantown Book Store...and convert the YEN to U.S. Dollars...it's not CHEAP! It's just good info and appreciated! I've heard the cost of living in JAPAN's more expensive than San Francisco...next time..."DIGI CAM or PHONE CAM" pic -

2004 - IP CPE 6MT NON-NAVI -
BoBs - aka GYAL8R - SF, 94122

Hey it's BoBs ak GYAL8R -
My 2nd G35 first one is a sedan..plates are chagning soon to SYNE2NV -

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Anything in japan is expensive.....I go get a soda...cost me like 2 bucks...the one time I went to japan I told myself...Ok here how much money u got....for buying goodies blah blah blah...my $60 all went to food...food aint cheap there....and its too damn good too....soo u just keep eating...

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I've heard from friends who served in the military that Japan is an awesome adventure.

What is there to do there?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
eat dog.

AIM: Jo3yf
'03.5 5AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver/Graphite | Premium | Winter | Heated Seats/mirrors
350z Intake Tube | Stillen CAB | Clear Corners | Drilled Pedals | Stillen Cat Back | coming soon: Infinty Kappa Perfect 6.5 w/ infinity 111w X 4 @ 4 Ohms
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/joebizz. UPDATED!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Semi On said:
That makes no sense. The Skyline/G35 has ALWAYS been an entry level lux targeted (with little effectiveness until recently) at the 3 series market. Why would they suddenly shift the platform to mid-lux arena right as they've finally had some success.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new car targeted at that market, sharing a basic platform with the G (as most new Nissan/Infiniti cars do now), but to shift markets on an increasingly entrenched model would be retarded.
Isnt that what they did whith the maxima, replacing it with the Altima, basically....

·
Registered
743 Posts
i doubt it'll be an aluminum chassis for the US market. they are trying the keep the G35 in the 30-40k range until a lower model is produced. they will be producing a smaller 7-passenger SUV between the FX and QX56 and maybe a model to replace the slow selling G20 from years back.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The timing is perfect, since I'm going to get a new car next year :)

I hope that they follow Acura's lead and include more standard options. A $33k+ car that doesn't come with a sunroof is kind of silly. Also, the navigation system needs to be touchscreen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts