Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do these babies compare? It looks like they are both going to be street rippers, although in one magazine it was blurted out that the Subaru will no longer have 280bhp, but 300bhp! Any opinions?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
85 Posts
STi owns the US Mitsu VIII. perhaps if Mitsu sent over the japan-spec EVO VII, it might be a contest.....but as it stands, the STi will decimate it. i mean, think about it, 300 HP Turbo 2.0L Six-speed with AWD, 3 differential settings(Snow,Dirt,Track), Limited slip......all for 30k[bigeyes]

looks like the G has some competition![:D]

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint, cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JustAnotherCiviclooks like the G has some competition![:D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not in pussy-picker-upperness![:D] LOL

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
72 Posts
Definitely STI. I considered waiting for one, but wasn't able to get beyond the huge "boy racer" wing and pay over MSRP. Plus the G is much more suited to my daily driving habits. The STI would be a great AutoX car if you're into that, something I doubt I'll ever do.

BTW, the US STI is a 2.5L and should have a good bit more low-end torque than the 2.0L Evo and modded WRXs. The Mitsu does have a twin-scroll turbo for faster spool up, but I don't think it will hang with the STI except in handling, which it may be superior. One of these days I'm going to go test drive an Evo just for kicks, I just love the feel of a turbo kicking in.

6MT Sedan-Sliver-Premium-Aero-Winter-Trunk mat with Infiniti logo :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by daringI just love the feel of a turbo kicking in.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm feeling that. My last car was a turbocharged G20T with an SR20DET motor. Was pulling 25lbs with a T3/T4 hybrid, and I miss it already. Been only 1 month...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts