Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that I can't find any deal with 2004 G35 6MT with Aero kit 4-piece?
And talk about incompetent Infiniti sale people who can not distinguish between Aero-Package which just has rear spoiler/under and the 4-piece Aero-kit.

I even got two sale rep. how tried to just sell me G35 6MT with Aero package saying it was Aero-kit 4-piece!!!! What lying scums. Once I found out that it was not the 4-piece kit, then they said the 4-piece doesn¡¯t look good anyway so just get the Aero package!?? What the heck?[banghead]

Why doesn¡¯t Infiniti make more 6MT with Aero kit 4-piece? People don¡¯t want them?

All when buying the car, did everyone pay infiniti dealer documentation fee of $199? There was addition $96 charge for Title and registration for DMV which I can understand but $199 for doc. fee seems kind of high~

·
Registered
818 Posts
You CAN get the car with the 3-piece and add the lower front lip later...It's available Oct. 2nd...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but that's not exactly the samething thing right? Also I would be spending more money in the long run..

·
Registered
818 Posts
No, it's the same thing...And it ends up costing about the same too...The 4-piece kit is $1190...The 3-piece is $550...The lip is gonna run somewhere around $550 painted...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CrazMofo,
1. Where can you get the front lip? You can just order that from Infiniti and they'll install for you?

2. Where did you get information that 3-piece option car will be available on Oct 2nd? Is this confirmed? I have until Nov.1st to get G35, since my lease on my Lexus expires at that time.

thanks alot for you reply.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi:

I was just at my San Diego Infiniti dealer for an LOF on my car. They had several 04 coupes in stock with the new areo front lower lip. I really like the way it looks. I tried to order one from the parts man, but Infiniti does not officially list it as an available part yet. I checked Grubbs web site, and they do not list it as available yet either. I guess we just need to wait a little longer.

'03.5 6MT ~ (DP w/ WL)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I checked my paperwork and I was charge a $50 document fee. There is also a little paragraph next the the fee that states this fee is not an official fee and not required by law, but may be charged to buyers for handling documents and performing services relating to the closing of a sale. It also states that the document fee cannot exceed $50 for a motor vehicle contract (this may be area specific, I'm in Texas).

I would take that info and go back to the dealership and demand my $149 back.

·
Registered
818 Posts
The OEM LIP will be available Oct. 2nd... The 3-piece and 4-piece kit on new models are available now...

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I believe the $50 max is a Texas state law, but it's definitely something to check. If there's a legal restriction, they're required to put it on the contract, so read it carefully. But I bet you don't have that law; they wouldn't risk breaking a state law for a measly $150. They could probably get shut down for that.

On the same note, dealers in Texas are allowed to charge up to 3 "option points" if they arrange financing through ANY bank (not just theirs). That means if you qualify for 5% financing at your bank, they can set it at 8% (and keep the difference) just for processing the paperwork. So watch out for that...even if the dealership will go with your bank, work out your financing FIRST.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the break down of Fees: (btw i'm in NJ)
Registration/Title Fee: $96
and
Documentary Fee: $199
(Clerical Fee $66,Document Delivery Fee $50,Administration Fee $83)

So grand total of $295

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi:

I realize that this thread has changed subjects, but wow, some dealers are really screwing over their buyers. I paid a $45 Document prep fee, and think that is outrageous. [irk]

'03.5 6MT ~ (DP w/ WL)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dealership is saying they need to factory order 2004 G35 with 4-piece aero-kit and can't give me a date for it... :(
May be some time in December~! That's a really long wait, why can't infiniti do things faster? If they understand that there was demand for G35 from 2003, shouldn't they be better prepared this year with more G35 coupes with different opitons installed on them?

Question to other people who already bought 2003 G35 coupe with 4-piece aero-kit.. Did it also take that long to get your car?

Is it because not many people are interested in getting the Coupe with 4-piece?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Whenever I call the dealer to ask about the 4-piece they said it cost $2400. It isn't the same on the Infiniti website. After checking out the details on the different aero packages it looks like the 4 piece has everything, the three piece requires the aero package so it has everything, and the aero package just has the spoiler and the difusers. I wish they'd show the differences more clearly on the Infiniti website...sheesh.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
4-piece is only $1190~! Whoever quotes you with $2400 are trying to
rip you off, big time~~!!

I just got back from Infiniti that 2004 Coupe with 4-piece will need to be factory ordered for delivery EARLY December~!! What a bummer...
My lease on Lexus IS300 expires on Nov.1st~
Need to think about what I need to do~

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm in East-coast and the Infiniti dealer told me that Today was the last day to get order in for December delivery for G35 coupe with 4-piece [email protected]@ Could the deadline 9/8 be true? What do you guys think?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts