Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

2004 G35 Sedan

6K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  GYA L8R 
#1 ·
From what I have been reading any G35 ordered in June orl ater will be a 2004. Does anyone know of the changes which will be in the 2004 and what the price difference will be between the 2003 and 204 (if any). The only thing I have heard is that winter package will be standard. Anyone know anything else?

#3 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

I believe that the Twilight blue color is also back. If you wait 'till Dec. '03, you can get an AWD model. Not sure when they'll start taking orders for those.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Damn! I would love to get my hands on one of those baby's! Can't wait to hear how she handles in comparison.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

#4 ·
Hey Lead did you have to order your G35 or was it on the lot? If you did have to order it how much down do you have to put down and do you work out the financing stuff when you order it or when it comes in?<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

I believe that the Twilight blue color is also back. If you wait 'till Dec. '03, you can get an AWD model. Not sure when they'll start taking orders for those.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Damn! I would love to get my hands on one of those baby's! Can't wait to hear how she handles in comparison.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

#5 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mcanlas

Hey Lead did you have to order your G35 or was it on the lot? If you did have to order it how much down do you have to put down and do you work out the financing stuff when you order it or when it comes in?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Mine was actually on the lot. I'm not a patient person and very much and impulse buyer. I went to test drive only, and of course left with my new G a few hours later.

[:D]

#7 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donfleck1

Think all the popularity and good press will cause them to raise prices dramatically? Love to see dual exhaust on the sedan 6MT. Personally, I'd only want AWD if they bumped up the HP. Otherwise you would slow down the car.

How would it slow down the car? I'm not saying I don't believe you, just saying I'm curious as to the science behind it.

#8 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by esmith69How would it slow down the car? I'm not saying I don't believe you, just saying I'm curious as to the science behind it.

As you add more moving machinery to the same powerplant, you decrease total output. This means you are draining power through the use of 2 added drive axles, thus decreasing the total in-line performace of the car. Corners might be a different story however...[8D]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

#9 ·
Not only does the extra drivetrain product power-robbing drag and friction, more power is needed for the extra weight. It is likely to add 150-200 lbs, which will make a difference to 60mph. I have driven both the 2WD and 4WD versions of BMW and Audi and noticed a difference in accelleration. Also noticed the steering was very "numb", basicly taking away some of the road feel or feedback.

Regarding the 2004 model -- I received mixed answers from two Chicago suburb dealers last weekend on when the 2004 sedan is orderable. One said factory orders placed in June will be 2004. The other said late Sep or Oct. The latter was clearly motivated to move stock cars, but the timing does make sense. Can anybody confirm???

#11 ·
heated seats is standard, alomg with the Diamnond Gaphite color previously only availible on the coupe

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: Sirmilton22@hotmail.com

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

#13 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mrman_3k

I heard that heated seats will be added as standard on 2004 models, is this true?

They were already standard on the coupe! [:D]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

#15 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ptl22

My order for a new 2004 G35 Sports Sedan was placed on friday (Aug 1). Dealer told me he expects delivery late October/ early november. I got a Twilight blue exterior, graphite interior with Premium package and Areo body kit with spoiler.

Very nice! Congrats! Now for the hard part. Waiting!

[boink]

#18 ·
From www.nissannews.com

Enhancements to the 2004 G35 Sport Sedan include:
·Standard heated outside mirrors on all models
·17-inch wheels now standard on all models
·Improved standard 6-disc CD changer (with faster operation)
·Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System
·Standard rear limited-slip differential on Leather 6MT model
·Heated front seats and 4-way power front passenger's seat standard on Leather, Leather 6M/T models
·Engine will meet LEV2 standard for emission control (beginning with October production)
·Two new exterior colors – Diamond Graphite, Twilight Blue (previously available)

#19 ·
It looks like the 2004 G35 will have an LSD, does anyone know if it'll be viscous or helical gear?

Also, does anyone know if they'll get the HP up to 280 or add the dual exhaust? (I'd get a coupe, but it does't have the headroom I want...)

Thanks, gary k

#20 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mcanlas

From what I have been reading any G35 ordered in June orl ater will be a 2004. Does anyone know of the changes which will be in the 2004 and what the price difference will be between the 2003 and 204 (if any). The only thing I have heard is that winter package will be standard. Anyone know anything else?

I remember seeing online somewhere that there is going to be a "WAGON G35"...SAY IT ISN'T SO [banghead]...OH GOD WHAT ARE THEY THINKING![banghead...You know what would be nice is to change the Mirrors to "european styling" with the turn signal built into the mirror. I know the "M" class has it available. Wondering if they'll change that for "04". I will definitely have that installed very "retro" [:D]

'03 D.Platinum/Nav/Delphi Unit(sat radio)/35% tint/mudflaps - GO GIANTS!

#21 ·

I remember seeing online somewhere that there is going to be a "WAGON G35"...SAY IT ISN'T SO [banghead]...OH GOD WHAT ARE THEY THINKING [banghead]...You know what would be nice is to change the Mirrors to "european styling" with the turn signal built into the mirror. I know the "M" class has it available. Wondering if they'll change that for "04". I will definitely have that installed very "retro" [:D]

#23 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

You can do that now with aftermarket parts.

Do you know where I can get the aftermarket part to have the mirrors done? [cheers]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.