Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info on when the 2004 G35 coupe will hit the market and what changes would be included compared to the 2003 G35 coupe?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That type of information usually isn't easy to come by until August or so. New year models usually arrive around October.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking to an Infiniti dealer yesterday and he suggested that the 2004 models were coming out in the June/July time frame.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There are zero changes from 03 to 04 models...

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Black Obsidian / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
From what source?

I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't make a few minor changes at least.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I called several dealerships because I absolutely abhore the arm rest/cup holder design flaw. I was going to wait until summer and get a 04 but there are no changes to 04 according to the folks at Infiniti I have talked to....

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Weren't you also having bad luck with shady dealership people where you are? If these people are as sketchy as you say, I wouldn't be surprised to hear they had lied to you in order to pick up another purchase now.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes, those fuckers at Nally are a bunch of con artists but that is not who I talked to about the 2004s. I ordered my G at another dealership close to home. I asked them and called a couple of other dealerships as well. Hey, if you want the best source I guess you could find out someone in R&D with the North American Infiniti plant.

6-speed

·
Registered
143 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jrenee2112

Yes, those fuckers at Nally are a bunch of con artists but that is not who I talked to about the 2004s. I ordered my G at another dealership close to home. I asked them and called a couple of other dealerships as well. Hey, if you want the best source I guess you could find out someone in R&D with the North American Infiniti plant and ask them...or is that in Japan?

6-speed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

6-speed

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
FYI - You got the URL wrong in your first sentence. If this is so then that would mean 2004s are already appearing? Bullshit. Substantiate that claim with a name. I have heard no changes for 2004. None whatsoever. No changes to armrest or cup holder because of shifting constraints as far as room goes. There is a cupholder built into the door to accomodate for that serious design flaw.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Madmatt

Dont shoot the messenger [angel] but according to a guy at www.G55driver.com who works at Mission Viejo Infinity the first coupes with the armrests are begining to appear.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=16&Number=20290&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&part=

I just got me new Black G35C this afternoon but it is the *regular* style without armrest.

Madmatt
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
There's a guy in the Fresh Alloy forum that claims he has one but he hasn't posted pics to substantiate his claims.

In general, I think the change is a bad one, assuming you get a manual. The current setup does a nice job of keeping your drink out of the way of your arm while shifting and I've never thought I wanted something to rest my arm on. That's why I hold onto the stick.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I get mine around july hopefull mine will be a 2003 with an armrest what do you guys think?

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I think you'll find the arm rest gets in your way while driving if you buy a 6MT.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Agreed, and also, what about these cup holders? I've heard that it's now difficult to drive with a cup in? GREAT!

6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
143 Posts
The design flaw is with the one in the center console. They should have never put it in such an awkward location. The problem that creates for me is that I would have to keep me beverages tween me legs...they won't stay cold for long!
[thmsup]

There is an additional cup holder that is hidden on the driver door but I have not seen it yet...

6-speed

·
Registered
72 Posts
jrenee, the cup holder in the door is pretty small. You can basically put an aluminum can in it, but anything bigger wont fit. It does hold the can pretty good though. It actually crunches the sides of the can a little.

'03 platinum coupe

1 - 20 of 60 Posts