Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I can get some help.

Want to buy G35 Sedan 6mt.
Dealer has 2003 that he "will deal" (if I buy by Thursday!).
What would be a fair discount on a 2003 purchased now (July 2003), vs a 2004? Obviously the 2003 will be "a year old" soon, even though it has 0 miles. If I must pay sticker (or near), I will wait for a 2004.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I would not be surprised if you could get near 2500 off of sticker. they really seem to be wheeling and dealing with the sedans. the 6mt sedan might be a little different though. Just remember that if you wait for the 2004 then you will also see the price increase which I believe is projected to be $1500.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Does anyone think I will be able to get Grubbs to knock anything off my coupe on Thursday? I think my dealer really wants to get it sold before the end of the month. Maybe I can get him to throw in some extras? What do ya'll think?
-Savage-

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I would definitely try since it appears it's beginning to happen. But if your dealer knows you really want this car, and you're not willing to walk away from the deal if they won't discount the price any, then I think you'll have a tough time getting anything off.

On the otherhand, if you're persistent enough, you can probably get them to throw in some extras -- splash guards? clear bra? extended warranty? Lojack?

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Thanks Kloh. I once heard that if the salesman dosen't sell the car by the end of the month (Thursday the 31st), but at the beginning of the next month (Friday the 1st), he dosen't get his comission for the car until the end of the next month (August 31). This could be wrong, but if it isn't, it may be a good reason for him to want to sell it by the end of the day on Thursday. [dunno]?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I believe that is true, and also, they get better incentives by clearing out stock before the end of the month.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Too late...I think my dad is too proud to try to wheel and deal. Oh well.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Hm, I bet my dad would be the same way...but we're talking a lot of money here, see what you can do!

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jimmyr

Hope I can get some help.

Want to buy G35 Sedan 6mt.
Dealer has 2003 that he "will deal" (if I buy by Thursday!).
What would be a fair discount on a 2003 purchased now (July 2003), vs a 2004? Obviously the 2003 will be "a year old" soon, even though it has 0 miles. If I must pay sticker (or near), I will wait for a 2004.

Thanks!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks everyone!

Went to the dealer tonite (7-31) at 7 PM. We haggled a bit on price. Sticker was $32,640. My trade was valued at $9800 (Edmonds.com).

They started at $31600 for the G35 and $9,000 on trade-in.

Basically I told him (in a nice way) that we were not close and come back with better numbers or I was going home (sans car).

He came back with a nice hand lettered sign "this is our best price".

$30,300 for the G35 and $10,400 for the trade. We shook and I drove it home.

G35 sedan Garnet/Black leather, 6mt, moonroof, aero pkg., Bose premium, winter pkg.

It flies!

Lessons learned I guess- be willing to walk (I think they can tell), go late at night on the last of the month (they want to sell for their numbers and they want to go home on time!).

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Congrats, Jimmy.

Being willing to walk will always get you a good deal. Too bad that wasn't the case with the coupes 4 months ago!! [banghead]

Post pics!

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Damn, that is the equivalent of walking in there with a Berretta and saying, give me your best deal. Way to go. I will let you come with me next time I go to buy a car. I have never heard of getting over the value on trade in and money off on the car.

[thmsup][bowdown]Much Respect! Go have fun in that new car.

| 6MT Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | Navi | Alum. Peds | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Congrats, Jimmy.

Being willing to walk will always get you a good deal. Too bad that wasn't the case with the coupes 4 months ago!! [banghead]

Post pics!

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

I took pics but I don't know how to upload them. Maybe someone can help.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87

Mail them to [email protected].

Struan87, you are learning quickly![:D]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87

Mail them to [email protected].

Congrats on the great deal!

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

I mailed them to [email protected].
How can we see them? (Duh! Sorry I'm slow.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nashville, TN.
2004 Coupe w/ 6MT
Carib Blue & Graphite
Premium & Aero
Ordered mid Sept. 35K plus taxes,tags,etc...
MSRP came to 35,865.00

Nice Christmas present.
[cheers]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts