Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry ahead of time but I searched a few times and couldn't easily find what I'm looking for.

Dad's G35 that I'm helping him with.

Head unit died a while ago, so we did a dual din kenwood nav head unit with adaptor for the bose system. Now he's got a blown speaker or two so I want to replace all the speakers and add a powered sub. No aftermarket amp required, he doesn't blast his music. Head unit power is fine.

What size speakers do I need?
What spacers for the door?
Do I need to run new wires through the doors, or can I tap into something in the dash to get a signal to them?
What sub? I've had good luck with MTX and JL stealth boxes in other vehicles.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
This may be of help.... but the coupe has the speakers in the rear sides instead...

2003-2006 Infiniti G35 sedan car audio profile

The impedance of the OEM speakers are different so the new sound set up may perform much better overall with the 'corrected' drivers all throughout. There are a number of G35 specific sub set ups that still leave lots of trunk room if your dad wants a factory look. I think they tuck in along the sides of the wheel well or along the back seat as thinner profile.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
If you're going to use the Bose amp, you need 2 ohm 6.5 inch or 6.65 inch component speakers up front. If you want to change the rear speakers, I would suggest 6.5 inch coax speakers in the rear side panels. The 6x9s are basically subwoofers and a pita to remove, so disconnect them and run your powered sub from the inputs to those 6x9s which already have a crossed over signal from the Bose amp. There is no need to run new wire to e front or side speakers specially if you keep the Bose amp. You should use spacers for the front door speakers just to get them spaced out to the back side of the door panels.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Oh yes, I forgot about using the current amp per speaker ohms. Good call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'm not using the Bose amp. I want to run from the kenwood headunit to the Polk speakers I'm putting in. I'm hoping I can get speaker level outputs into the factory wires- then at the amp, I'll bypass all 8 wires (unplug harness and splice the input---output wires together for each channel. So in theory the headunit signal goes to the speakers via the factory wires. I'll leave the amp and 6x9 subs unhooked.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Since you're replacing the head u it and not using the Bose amp, you would likely be better served running front, rear and subwoofer RCA cables to your aftermarket amp and then use the stock speaker wires to send the audio signal to your Polk speakers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts