Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 2003, the two M3 models continue – the M3 Coupe at $47,195 and the M3 Convertible at $55,195 (destination charge included). Both offer a variety of evolutionary refinements:

Rain-sensing windshield wipers and automatic headlight control, formerly optional, are now standard.
The optional BMW Onboard Navigation System gets functional improvements and a DVD database.
The standard in-dash CD player can now be ordered in combination with the Navigation System; previously the cassette player (still available at no extra cost) was required with the Navigation System.
New aluminum interior trim is offered as an option.
Two further refinements were phased into the Series during model year 2002:
19-inch forged/polished M Double Spoke wheels with lower-profile tires were introduced as an option.
Reinforcing braces were added to the front suspension’s strut towers.
Labeling of the optional Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG) was revised.
During the new-generation M3s’ second model year, 2002, accolades continued to pour in from the world’s critical media:
“If you want a car that doubles as plaything and workhorse, the M3 has got it all,” raved Automobile Magazine in its January ’02 issue, declaring the M3 one of its All-Stars.

Popular Science executive editor Bill Phillips described SMG, “In a year of new paddle-shift SMGs, BMW’s is by far the best. And it’s the most flexible we’ve ever seen…”

“The BMW M3 is about as good as it gets,” said AutoWeek in its January 14, ’02 issue.

Motor Trend, in its January ’02 Car of the Year story, stated that “In the end, however, it’s the BMW M3 that defines the notion of total performance. As we said, M defined the formula and still executes it better than just about anyone else.”

The second model year saw introduction of BMW M’s Sequential Manual Gearbox II (SMG II), and that earned its own share of critical acclaim:

“The most sophisticated transmission available in a production car,” concluded Motor Trend in its August ’02 issue.

“On the freeway, SMG provides a luxury you just can’t get with a conventional stick shift, and at the track, well, it makes you feel like a race driver,” reported Road & Track in September ’02.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Thank God they finally offer a Nav WITH in dash CD. I always thought that was the dumbest setup ever! Not like I'm going to be buying a 3-series or M3 anytime soon, but still a nice improvement.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Thank God they finally offer a Nav WITH in dash CD. I always thought that was the dumbest setup ever! Not like I'm going to be buying a 3-series or M3 anytime soon, but still a nice improvement.

6-speed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I too agree...oh and I WANT ONE!!!!!!!! I LOVE the way this car looks...I almost got a 330Ci over my G35 sedan...but bang for the buck the G won hands down!

03' G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
330's are just too expensive. Great car, but they really need to freshen up the exterior design.

6-speed

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yes WAY too expensive for what you get. I test drove one and wasn't that impressed at all. I thought they needed to freshen up the inside a bit. With the right rims though, M3, I think the outside looks sweet.

03' G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

330's are just too expensive. Great car, but they really need to freshen up the exterior design.

6-speed

Something which is 2 years away.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Gav, any insight or rumors on the next 3-series?

6-speed

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

6-speed

Yes. I have a thread here. Let me find it.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gavriil1

6-speed

Yes. I have a thread here. Let me find it.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

Here it is
http://www.6mt.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=99

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

·
Registered
30 Posts
If Infiniti was smart, they'd produce a class beater NISMO version of the G stick a $15k+ premium on it and reap the benefits through the great press the car would get. Not that G sales are a problem right now, but two years out will be a different story. How many people read about the M3, oogle over it and then buy a 3XX that's in their price range. That's good marketing and healthy for the model line!

'03 6MT (6-Speed Coupe)
Diamond Graphite/Willow

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
True RJT. We'll have to wait and see with that one, but I think when Nissan brings the Skyline over, it may be just that. Not really sure how they're going to position that car in the US, yet. If anyone has any insight on that, let us know.

6-speed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts