Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm lovin' my brand new G35 6MT sedan that I leased and took delivery of on Sunday. The finance guy, and not my salesman, was trying to sell me a teflon layer of paint and interior fabric protection called Autoguard for $1220.

I declined, thinking that since I might possibly return the car at the end of 36 months, the paint protection would not be a worthy investment given that I'd take great care of the car anyways. He told me I have 5 business days to think about it if I still wanted it.

My thinking is this at lease end...

If I'm going to keep the car: Get paint protection now.

If I'm going to trade in car: Get paint protection now if dealer credits me a higher value than the residual amount printed on lease doc.

If I'm going to walk away: No paint protection now.

Should I get it or not?

-Drew
2003 Infiniti G35 6MT sedan
Black obsidian over graphite leather with 8 miles odometer
base + moonroof + trunkmat = negotiated price $27700
54% residual with 15K miles/yr after 36 months = $16580 thru Infiniti Financial Services

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
NO! Stay away from those paint protector systems. You can do it much better and cheaper yourself. First of all, the interior protector is simply a "ScotchGuard" spray can that they apply to the fabric or leather. Just buy a can at WalMart for either the leather or fabric and you're set!

As for the exterior, use Zaino. While it's not a 2nd "clearcoat" as advertised by the dealers, it will protect your paint and keep your car looking awesome! Check out their web site, http://www.zainobros.com

And don't forget to send pics to us: [email protected]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
27 Posts
Strongly agree with VQ and Chaz here. My Lexus dealer tried to add-on this crap without my consent. I told them to forget it. It is not necessary, especially if you take reasonable care of your paint with periodic washing and waxing. I use Zymoil exterior wax. It's highly rated and available at Walmart. I don't think any interior treatment, particularly at the inflated prices they charge, is worth the money.
Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts