Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering installing 10 mm hub-centric wheel spacers on the rear of my 6MT sedan. Are there any issues with doing this? Has anyone used this type before?

·
Premium Member
53,488 Posts
You may have some issues with not enough threads on the lug nuts to hold the wheel on properly. If that happens, then you'll need longer studs.

You may also have some issues with tire wobble if the spacers aren't made properly or mounted properly.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
They dont list that they have 10mm spacers on their site but i would recommend getting this brand of spacers. I just put 15mm with the hubcentric rings. I installed them myself and its very easy to do. The hardest part is taking off the wheel. No probs what so ever.

Kics Project Spacers in Stock!!!! - MY350Z.COM Forums

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying. The spacers I bought are the 10 mm hub-centric Eibach for the 350Z and they come with longer studs.

The spacers install fine but before I change to the longer studs I wanted to know if the spacers cause premature bearing or suspension parts failure, and if the studs are difficult to replace?

·
Premium Member
53,488 Posts
Since they are made for the G/Z they should be fine. I don't think you will notice any additional stress on the suspension parts.

To remove the studs, use a small sledge hammer and beat them out. onsert the new studs and use a spare lug nut to tighten them into the hub.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am considering installing 10 mm hub-centric wheel spacers on the rear of my 6MT sedan. Are there any issues with doing this? Has anyone used this type before?
If you run it correctly and use high-quality wheel spacers, it is very safe,When shopping for spacers, make sure they're both hub centric and wheel centric. This will ensure that your wheels are centered properly. Also, consider the quality of the metal used. I've seen cheaper brands have their studs shear. If you're looking for a reputable brand, BONOSS is the way to go. They're very well built and will hold up well. I bought a set used 3 years ago and they're still perfect. Are wheel spacers good or bad for your car-BONOSS?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts