·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the article "Speeding" in Motor Trend June 2003:

For specs on all the cars tested click here:

http://24.221.29.240/Car_Mag_Articles/MotorTrend/June_03/Speeding/

Comments:

1. Unbelievable performance from the Viper's brakes. It went from the worst brakes in the exotic groups last year, to the BEST! this year.

2. Three cars under 4 second 0-60 runs!!!

3. Three cars under 12 second 1/4 mile runs!!!

4. Look at that $50K Z06 beat the $250K 575M in the 0-100-0 test! Also in the 60-0 and 100-0 tests! I cant wait to see what the C6 Z06 will do.

5. 600 Ft slalom. Look at the EVO and even the Z06 get the 2nd and 3rd places!

6. The CL 55 AMG runs 187 mph top speed and when MT called Mercedes to tell them, Mercedes said, "of course...that is what we expected...we only took out one out of TWO speed limiters...the first one stops at exactly...187mph" !!!

7. Finally, too bad they could not get the full top speed of the cars due to track size issues.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Interesting list, but it's strange they'd grab the Mosler and leave out countless super cars that are more mainstream and some that may be better performers.

I'd like to see the MacLaren F1 in there as well...

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Interesting list, but it's strange they'd grab the Mosler and leave out countless super cars that are more mainstream and some that may be better performers.

I'd like to see the MacLaren F1 in there as well...

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a LOAD of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This mag has tested the F1 in the past. It was the car with the record 0-100-0 (11.5 seconds) but the Mossler beat that record as you see. By much.

One would be hard pressed to find a better performer than the Mossler in America today.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

Z06 0-100-0 in 13.92 seconds, that sounds like fun!

2003.5 G35 A4 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hey how do you like your Z06. ANd is it the 385HP one or the 405HP one?

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

·
Registered
85 Posts
i still cant believe how well the Lancer did amongst all these supercars. i mean, a 30k dollar car taking first place in the slolam and 3rd place in 60-0 and 100-0 blows my mind. i just wish that the STi could have been ready for this test.[V]

oh btw, i dont officially recognize the Mosler MT900 as a production car, no matter what they claim. it is a one-off race/street car that should not have been included in this test.

that being said, the Viper got 4 first place finishes, 3 second place finishes, and 1 third place finish out of 8 tests. i think we have a winner![boink]

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint...cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.