Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nor will it respond to a jump. It's not the battery, and yes, it has fuel. Prior to this last incident that left me stranded, there had been a few other times over the past couple of weeks where I would go to start it after grocery shopping or something of that nature, and it wouldn't start. Hooked it up to jumper cables and it would start right up. I never even had to let it sit, as soon as the cables are attached, I was good to go. Then a few days before this last incident, it happened again and this time I sat in a parking lot for over 4 hours. Tried jumping it using various other types of vehicles.....nothing. Then all of a sudden it decides it's ready to leave and starts right up on the 4th attempted jump, after grounding the cables. I guess I'm going to have it towed tomorrow or the next day but thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced this same thing and if so, what ended up being the problem? I have only had the car since Feb so unfortunately, I won't have answers to past maintenance. The car has 127k miles. Thanks in advance for any advise, suggestions, recommendations, etc, you may be able to offer. This is my 1st "non-American" made car in 44 years, and I'm not off to a good start. Not to mention the timing is impeccable, as I literally just moved back to Austin and don't even have a place to live. Ironically enough I had my moving truck about 6 miles away, got a ride from "uber", and have been stuck driving my moving truck around Austin, looking for a place to rent. The past 1.5 week has NOT been pleasant. As if moving isn't stressful enough as it is....... :-(

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
You say it's nor the battery but has the battery been changed? Sometimes they can power accessories but not have enough power to start the car. It's happened to me and others.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
I've had situations where the battery was the issue but it was not consistent. It can fool you that way. It can also appear the posts and terminals are clean and perfect yet the inner side of the contact area can be and 'open' connection.
That fact it ahd jumped started successfully before is telling you something.
Until you figure it out, it's okay to blame it on a foreign car conspiracy though lol !! :grin2:

(The fun I had described above was with a 1982 Dodge Club Cab truck).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts