Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

03 Coupe with non Bose bad radio

657 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  KingPin57 
#1 ·
03 Coupe with a bad radio... I don't believe mine is a Bose system, it certainly doesn't say Bose anywhere on it.
Are there any options other than a factory radio? Does anyone have a working radio available for sale?

I'm new here and hope I'm posting to the right place.

Thanks

#2 ·
Amazon sells a double din kit, not sure if they still have one for your year/cpe.
I think there are slight differences between the years & cpe/sedan.
Also, the buttons are different if you have left/right temp controls vs single control.
This allows the conversion to convert from factory radio to std din radio ( easier if non-Bose).
Many years ago I had to replace the capacitors in my Maxima Bose stereo amplifiers.

03 Coupe with a bad radio... I don't believe mine is a Bose system, it certainly doesn't say Bose anywhere on it.
Are there any options other than a factory radio? Does anyone have a working radio available for sale?

Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: KingPin57
#3 ·

Thanks
I have an 03 Sedan w/ the POS factory radio. When I pulled the failed head unit, I discovered it is made by Clarion. Amps and speakers are made by Bose AFAIK. Look for the Bose labels if you're curious. I'm no expert on what was available - bought it used in 08. My stock (?) audio system has am/fm/cassette tape and 6 CD changer.

Head unit failed (and fails) when the screw drive for the 6 CD changer transport shorts out the power board - takes out the entire center panel/stack - HVAC reverts to autopilot (the factory settings work well). Mailed it off to California (per Nico Club) and $220 later I have my controls back. I don't play CDs anymore. (2009)

Considered the double DIN option but I mostly listen to public radio (KFAI Fresh Air, KBEM Jazz, all flavors of MPR), so went w/ the repair.

Partner drives an 04 Honda Accord - when her radio failed in 2011 or so - Honda warrantied it. Come on Infiniti! She bought it used in 2007.

Hope this helps. YMMV.

#4 ·
I have an 03 Sedan w/ the POS factory radio. When I pulled the failed head unit, I discovered it is made by Clarion. Amps and speakers are made by Bose AFAIK. Look for the Bose labels if you're curious. I'm no expert on what was available - bought it used in 08. My stock (?) audio system has am/fm/cassette tape and 6 CD changer.

Head unit failed (and fails) when the screw drive for the 6 CD changer transport shorts out the power board - takes out the entire center panel/stack - HVAC reverts to autopilot (the factory settings work well). Mailed it off to California (per Nico Club) and $220 later I have my controls back. I don't play CDs anymore. (2009)

Considered the double DIN option but I mostly listen to public radio (KFAI Fresh Air, KBEM Jazz, all flavors of MPR), so went w/ the repair.

Partner drives an 04 Honda Accord - when her radio failed in 2011 or so - Honda warrantied it. Come on Infiniti! She bought it used in 2007.

Hope this helps. YMMV.
Mine is not a BOSE system and actually I have played a load of CD's in there this summer and now it is completely dead. huh

If I went with the double DIN option does that kill the steering wheel controls? I kind of like having them there for volume etc... but guess I can live without it.

What is Nico Club? I wonder if I can still get mine repaired, sounds like you did that a long time ago is that right? 2009...
Thanks for the reply, appreciate the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.